Sales and Business Development Representative
Company: Tecta America
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Since 1906, Schwickert s Tecta America has been serving commercial
building owners and residential homeowners across the Midwest. With
locations in Mankato, Savage, Rochester, MN, and Lawrence, KS,
Schwickert s provides integrated products and services to the upper
Midwest region in the areas of Roofing, Architectural Sheet Metal,
Mechanical Plumbing & Piping, Mechanical Heating/Ventilation/Air
Conditioning/Refrigeration, and Electrical.
Schwickert s Tecta America currently has an opportunity for a
Business Development Representative for our Lawrence, KS branch
Schwickert's offers a comprehensive benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off,
paid holidays, etc. Please respond to this ad if you are interested
in being considered for this position.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is a sales position
with a focus on service sales. The BDR is responsible for
identifying, meeting, developing and maintaining new incremental
business relationships and sales opportunities for Schwickert s.
This position will promote and represent all of the Schwickert s
entities by initiating sales activities that produce the best
possible alternatives for clients and prospects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Strategizes to analyze and identify territory opportunities.
Establishes a base of contacts within Minnesota and surrounding
states including Iowa, Wisconsin and Kansas.
* Conducts face-to-face visits and presentations with clients and
prospects in specific market segments (heavily weighted toward
owners in the healthcare, manufacturing, large facility markets and
property management markets).
* Directs the assembly of RFQ/RFP and presentations by pulling
together all personnel, graphics and other requirements to meet
established guidelines. Also, obtains background information on the
client/prospect(s) through research in order to develop targeted
presentations that meet the company s business needs and fully
qualify the customer.
* Presents RFQs/RFPs as necessary.
* Tracks all customers, prospects, opportunities and all activity
through the company s CRM program. Maintains weekly look ahead and
recent activity reports.
* Establishes continual contacts with new prospects; coordinating
contacts between Project Managers, Service Managers, and proposed
clients as well as the ability to serve as principal client contact
* Actively seeks negotiated opportunities in the private industry
sector through relationship development directed at owners.
* Maintains and expands relationships with current and future
clients. Identifies, develops, and implements a plan for current
and future opportunities including, but not limited to, specific
clients, prospects, and market segments specific to roofing,
mechanical, and architectural metal solutions.
* Initiates client follow up on current projects and new leads.
* Develops and maintains strong community and industry involvement
that is directly beneficial to the company by networking, attending
networking functions and joining industry groups.
* Continually establishes and develops our industry s technical
skills to enhance our business model.
* Additional duties as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelors or Associates Degree in Marketing,
Business, Construction Management or related degree; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of principles and methods involved in showing,
promoting, and selling products or services. This includes
marketing strategies and tactics, product demonstration and sales
* A background in mechanical and/or roofing field preferred.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Highly customer service oriented.
* Strong proficiency using MS Office products.
* Other critical skills include planning & organizing; problem
identification/resolution, multi-tasking, follow-through skills to
bring tasks to closure in a timely manner, priority setting, and
having a sense of urgency in accomplishing tasks in a timely
* Travel is required as dictated by client base.
Keywords: Tecta America, Lawrence , Sales and Business Development Representative, Sales , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!