Commercial Roofing Service Manager
Company: Tecta America
Posted on: March 14, 2019
Since 1906, Schwickert s Tecta America has been serving commercial building owners and residential homeowners across the Midwest. With locations in Lawrence, KS, Mankato, Minneapolis, and Rochester, MN, Schwickert s provides integrated products and services to the Midwest region in the areas of Commercial Roofing, Architectural Sheet Metal, Mechanical Plumbing & Piping, Mechanical Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, and Electrical.
Schwickert s Tecta America currently has an opportunity for a Commercial Roofing Service Manager at our Lawrence, KS branch office. Starting salary will be based upon candidate s experience and qualifications.
Schwickert's offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, etc. This position includes a commission incentive program.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your resume or a summary of your experiences and qualifications by responding to this ad or apply online at www.schwickerts.com or apply in person at 1841 E 1450 Road, Lawrence, KS.
Oversee the sales, operations and financial performance for the Commercial Roofing Service Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work with other Schwickert s sales professionals to develop leads and sales efforts and to promote the department s products and services. Work with other departments to promote cooperative sales and production.
* Estimate, bid and specify work, and assist with estimates. Review purchase orders, contracts, proposals to verify intended scope of work and to assure that Company policies are not compromised.
* Set up individual projects; set up and maintain correspondence logs per each project.
* Oversee and direct efforts of department superintendent or supervisor on all aspects of project management, including scheduling, production, and quality control. Oversee day-to-day production and service, maximizing revenues by monitoring labor and material costs.
* Purchase materials as necessary and maintain department inventory. Price material inventory slips.
* Promote and implement training programs for department employees that focus on technology changes in the industry, product development, and customer satisfaction and relation programs. Interact with field personnel on customer relation efforts.
* Support and promote the Company policies and procedures. Drive safety program within department, ensuring compliance with Company policies.
* Provide effective leadership for the department including teamwork, motivation, and positive employee relations.
* Submit budget and capital expenditure needs as requested.
* Develop efficient systems and processes for dispatching, scheduling and call implementation as applicable.
* Work with prime and subcontractors on all phases of projects including schedules, change orders, submittals, quality control, etc.
* Field customer questions, complaints, and requests. Perform field inspections and investigations as necessary.
* General accounting tasks, including collection of delinquent accounts and submission of payroll reports. Invoice both contract and T&M projects. Review invoices for payment approval.
* Additional duties as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associates or Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Business or related field; five or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
* Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening.
* Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of people and situations.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Highly customer service oriented.
* Strong proficiency using MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
* Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all level of employees in a team-oriented environment.
* Other critical skills include planning & organizing; problem identification/resolution, multi-tasking, follow-through skills to bring tasks to closure in a timely manner, priority setting, and having a sense of urgency in accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
EEO/AA EMPLOYER/VETS/DISABILITY Apply
Not ready to Apply*
https://www.jobs.net/jobs/tecta-america/en-us/job/United-States/Commercial-Roofing-Service-Manager/J3Q3VH6QJN22LVBP2T6/ Commercial Roofing Service Manager
* Employee Type: Full-Time
* Location: Lawrence, KS
* Job Type: Business Development Construction
* Experience: Not Specified
* Date Posted: 3/11/2019
Tecta America Corp. is the nation's leading commercial roofing contractor. With over 60 locations and 2,500 roofing professionals nationwide, Tecta America has harnessed the strengths and resources of the nation's strongest roofing contractors into one company with one goal: to provide the most comprehensive roofing program in the country to meet and exceed our customers' needs. As the industry leader, Tecta America has earned its reputation for excellence. No other roofing contractor can match Tecta America for resources, expertise, financial strength, or stability as we house the best names in the business, all under one roof.
The roofing industry is seeing exciting changes take place-sustainable solutions, innovative technologies and more-and Tecta America is leading the change. Opportunities have never been better for talented, experienced and advancement-driven individuals. We believe not only in attracting the best individuals-but in developing the best. Career opportunities exist in fields like finance, sales, green jobs, marketing and more. We offer a culture that embraces innovation, teamwork and diversity, and that rewards you for being part of the team. We take great care of our employees through competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Transitions are seldom easy. It takes exceptional team members to make that comfort happen every day. Because of our commitment, we value each team member and their contribution to our mission. We strongly believe in diversity and have a no-tolerance policy for discrimination of any kind. If you want to be a part of our caring, compassionate and dedicated team providing that security and support when it's needed most, please consider joining our Talent Network.
Join our Talent Network to explore opportunities
What is a Talent Network*
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
* Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
* Share job opportunities through Social Media or email
View All Jobs
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
* Carpenter Jobs
* Independent Contractor Jobs
* Jobs in Lawrence, Kansas
* Carpenter Jobs in Lawrence, Kansas
Keywords: Tecta America, Lawrence , Commercial Roofing Service Manager, Professions , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!