Company: The J. M. Smucker Company
Posted on: February 14, 2019
For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Caf Bustelo , R.W. Knudsen Family , Sahale Snacks , Smucker's Uncrustables , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael Ray Nutrish , Meow Mix , Milk-Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and Nature s Recipe . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Performs all tasks involved in the production of Smucker's products. This includes the ability to move finished product from the packaging area to the warehouse or load trailers in a safe and timely manner.
Positions are available on Second and Third shifts. Second Shift works 4 pm - 12 midnight and Third Shift works 12 midnight - 8 am Monday - Friday. Some overtime is required.
Starting rate $15.76 per hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Unload minor ingredients
* Unload packaging materials essential for smooth operation of packaging lines
* Pull product off of lines to be stored in the warehouse with emphasis on safety, quality and speed
* Load finished products from the warehouse according to orders for distribution centers and customer needs
* Keep sanitation and safety at an excellent level in the warehouse
* Report maintenance needs of fork-lift in a timely manner
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Knowledge of fork truck operations to ensure a smooth transition of product to keep damage at a minimum
* Knowledge of proper lifting techniques. Ability to lift sixty-five # rolls of stretch wrap into position
* Fundamental knowledge of palletizer operation
* Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment
* Ability to follow rules and procedures
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented environment
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
* Effective communication skills
* Detail oriented/Paperwork accuracy essential to decipher loading diagrams to ensure no over-weight trucks
* Quick Learner
* Ability to interact cross-functionally
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
* Second and Third shift positions have little likelihood of changing for several years
* Mandatory overtime, sometimes given short notice. Average: two times per week (4 hours before or after regular shift) equating to a twelve-hour shift
* Occasional seven day weeks
* Must adhere to strict attendance policy
* Physically demanding position
* Practicing under Good Manufacturing Practices and Regulatory Food Safety Program
* Must have desire to work in constantly changing, progressive environment
* Other duties as assigned
Starting rate for this position is $15.76 per hour..
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: The J. M. Smucker Company, Lawrence , Warehouse Operator, Professions , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!