Company: The J. M. Smucker Company
Posted on: January 9, 2019
For more than 120 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has brought families together to share memorable meals and moments. Guided by a vision to engage, delight, and inspire consumers through trusted food and beverage brands that bring joy throughout their lives, Smucker has grown to be a well-respected North American marketer and manufacturer with a balanced portfolio of leading and emerging, on-trend brands. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Caf Bustelo , R.W. Knudsen Family , Sahale Snacks , Smucker's Uncrustables , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Rachael Ray Nutrish , Meow Mix , Milk-Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and Nature s Recipe . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about our Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
The Quality Technician has responsibility for the chemical and physical testing of incoming materials, packaging, and finished product to assure compliance to The JM Smucker Company quality requirements and regulatory guidelines. Data is interpreted and effectively communicated to plant personnel in order to assure process control.
Current opening is on 3rd shift.
* Collect and analyze ingredients and product samples per the Material Control Plan and Process Control Points
* Interpret, communicate, and enter test data in an effective, accurate and timely manner
* Effectively operate and maintain laboratory equipment. Responsible for plant-wide cleanup functions
* Collect, collate and prepare finished product samples for Environmental Monitoring
* Verify critical Quality and Food Safety tasks as they are completed to ensure compliance
* Facilitate release of finished products after all testing is completed and found within specifications
* Provide technical support for on-going projects and activities
* Actively support all plant goals and objectives including Quality, Safety, and Production
* Other duties and projects as assigned
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Knowledge of wet chemistry testing equipment and techniques and knowledge of product attributes and specifications
* Fundamental knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Statistical Process Control
* Production, plant, and laboratory safety awareness
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Independent judgment and decision making skills
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment with an emphasis on flexibility and positive response to changing business needs
* Computer skills including, but not limited to, data entry
* Must adhere to strict attendance policy
* Must have desire to work in constantly changing, progressive environment
* Practices Regulatory Food Safety Program
* Position is available on 3rd shift and has little likelihood of changing for several years
* Mandatory overtime, sometimes given short notice
* Occasional seven day weeks.
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: The J. M. Smucker Company, Lawrence , Quality Technician, Professions , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!