Maintenance Technician Internship
Company: Berry Global
Posted on: January 20, 2023
OverviewAt Berry Global Group, Inc. (NYSE:BERY), we create
innovative packaging and engineered products that we believe make
life better for people and the planet. We do this every day by
leveraging our unmatched global capabilities, sustainability
leadership, and deep innovation expertise to serve customers of all
sizes around the world. Harnessing the strength in our diversity
and industry leading talent of 47,000 global employees across more
than 300 locations, we partner with customers to develop, design,
and manufacture innovative products with an eye toward the circular
economy. The challenges we solve and the innovations we pioneer
benefit our customers at every stage of their journey.Are you
looking for an inclusive organization with a fast-paced
environment? We work with many of the worlds leading brands to
bring them value-added protection solutions. We foster an
environment of team players who embrace our strong ties to the
communities in which we work and serve. Become part of a place
where your work is valued. Join our growing team today:
www.berryglobal.com/careersPrimary Function :The Maintenance
Technician Intern is responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting
and repair of all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
functions of both injection molding and thermoform equipment. This
is a key technical support position with opportunity for training,
development, and career growth.Qualifications
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work around grease, oils, inks, and solvents
without adverse reaction.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, or stoop through an entire
- Good manual dexterity of arms and fingers.
- Must have 20/20 vision with correction to be able to detect
- Must be able to differentiate color.Responsibilities
- Inspect and repair mechanical, electrical, electronic,
hydraulic, and pneumatic systems on thermoforming equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures.
- Locate parts required for repairs or projects.
- Stay recognizant of all work performed on machines and machine
- Maintain neat and orderly shop areas and areas as jobs are done
- Assume control of machine when a situation arises which has
potential for personal injury or rapid deterioration of
- Insure a safe and healthy work environment for department
- Monitor group and coach as needed.
- Complete work assigned by Shift Lead or Leadership Group.
- Communicate activities with Group Leadership and other members
of the department.
- Obtain parts on a daily basis as well as emergency cases.
- Assist in other departments as requested by Leadership
- Continue education and training to stay current with job
- Wear proper PPE for task at all times.
- Maintain PPE and company tools. Maintain and enforce all HAACP,
GMP, Safety rules, department rules, and department guidelines.We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color,
sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other
federal, state or local protected class.
Locations US-KS-LAWRENCEJob ID 2022-18002Category
ManufacturingLocation : Address 2330 PACKER ROAD
Keywords: Berry Global, Lawrence , Maintenance Technician Internship, Professions , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!