Posted on: November 25, 2022
Planner- Kalmar- Ottawa, KS (Onsite Only)
Salary: Starting @ $52k/year
Who is Kalmar?
- Kalmar is the industry forerunner in port automation and energy
efficient cargo-handling- unique in its ability to enable seamless
integration of different terminal processes.
- Kalmar is the world's leading manufacturer of terminal
tractors- Kalmar Ottawa has built over 75,000 terminal
tractors/yard trucks and the majority of them are still in use
- One in every Four container moves around the globe is handled
by a Kalmar solution
- Cargotec recently invested $22 mil EUROS into the Ottawa, KS
manufacturing facility to increase manufacturing capabilities of
the current Terminal Tractor line and bring an Electric Terminal
Tractor to market- Now is the time to join our team if you are
interested in opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Kalmar is 2022 recipient of the Best of Ottawa- Manufacturing
What makes Kalmar GREAT:
- Kalmar's commitment to sustainability- Our sustainability focus
areas are: people & society, environment and governance.
- Kalmar believes in collaboration, delivering on our promise and
that people make the future.
- Team members can expect to be appreciated, respected and highly
valued. Kalmar offers an EXCELLENT employee benefit's package
- Company-paid Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance option
(effective your first day of employment)
- Flexible Spending Account for medical expenses
- Company-paid Short & Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy (2X's annual salary, max
$300k) (Additional life insurance policies available for self,
spouse and children)
- Company paid holidays, paid sick time & paid vacation time
- 401k Plan -matches a percentage of employee contributions into
the 401K plan,
- Tuition reimbursement & Professional Development Assistance
offered and more---.
Making your next move count Purpose of Position:Based in Ottawa,
KS, this position is responsible for daily supply chain management
activities including: forecast integration, demand management,
supply planning, inventory management and scheduling for assigned
commodities and/or components as well as the flow of goods between
assigned MAUs. Job Function: The purpose of this position is to
optimize the planning of the supply chain for manufacturing in
order to meet OTD while optimizing inventory levels. The Planner
will take the lead in communicating product availability in
response to customer requirements for assigned products.
Main tasks and responsibilities: - Monitor actual and forecasted
consumption of materials and orders replenishment stock - Manage
timely and efficient processing of purchase orders. Monitor the
status of open purchase orders including delivery and quality
issues that may affect status. - Review and evaluate safety stock
levels, minimum order quantities, supplier and QA lead times on a
regular basis to identify continuous improvement opportunities
including but not limited to inventory reductions.
- Manage the replacement of rejected/non-conforming material
through the NCR process.
- Maintain and input material master data into planning
- Resolves material issues as they pertain to quality and
production through close cooperation with Strategic Purchasing, QA,
- Tracks and reports vendor supply issues to Strategic
- Maintains knowledge of suppliers' operations and
- Maintains complete and current knowledge of all material
requirements and issues affecting product availability.
What you'll need to succeed
Education: - Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business
Administration or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in planning with in-depth knowledge of
MRP system and inventory management, preferably with an OEM or tier
1 supplier environment.
- Should possess a technical aptitude for heavy equipment parts;
some knowledge of engineering is a plus.
- A "Can Do" attitude and sense of urgency, ability to prioritize
and follow through is required to meet deadlines and to impact our
- Ability to listen, communicates clearly, and works well with
- Understanding of Bill of Materials or product structuring
Competencies: - Has well developed communication skills, both oral
and written - Has self-confidence to work independently and make
important decisions independently - Can exhibit leadership styles
consistent with the situation and is willing to learn and grow
leadership styles - Driving force, energetic and result oriented -
Problem-solver - Positive attitude - Fluent in English, both oral
You will be part of
- Kalmar is part of a global organization with over 12,000
employees worldwide- We have a very talented and diverse workforce
focused on equity & inclusion.
- A team who is fully committed to strengthening our market
leadership position by focusing on continuous improvement
initiatives and innovation of our processes.
Interested in joining the Kalmar Team?Please submit your resume/CV
to be considered!
Kalmar is part of CargotecKalmar offers the widest range of cargo
handling solutions and services to ports, terminals, distribution
centers and to the heavy industry. Kalmar is the industry
forerunner in terminal automation and in energy efficient container
handling, with one in four container movements around the globe
being handled by a Kalmar solution. Through its extensive product
portfolio, global service network and ability to enable a seamless
integration of different terminal processes, Kalmar improves the
efficiency of every move. www.kalmarglobal.comKalmar is part of
Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2021 totaled
approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,000 people.
Keywords: Kalmar, Lawrence , Materials Planner, Professions , Ottawa, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!