Posted on: May 14, 2022
The Supplier Leader manages the relationship with an assigned
supplier, or group of suppliers, on behalf of Schlumberger
globally, aligned with the strategy for that supplier's Category.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Set performance objectives for assigned suppliers (quality
improvement, on-time delivery, lead-time reduction, cost reduction)
and ensure suppliers deliver on these objectives through detailed
supplier development plans.
- Top 20 managed suppliers are $61M, top 30 suppliers are
- Define baseline and improvement targets while monitoring
progress through a regularly updated supplier scorecard.
- Prepare and lead periodic management reviews, using scorecards
with main performance indicators, three-year business perspectives,
and strategic product/market developments.
- Identify and select project teams for supplier development,
involving Operations, Manufacturing, Sustaining, and Quality; and
seeks allocation of resources as appropriate.
- Prepare and manage negotiations in accordance with business
- Ensure that all managed suppliers have appropriate executed
contracts in place, are monitored and that full value extraction is
- Lead supplier risk assessments (financial, operational, ESG,
etc.) and ensure quarterly updates.
- Engage with managed suppliers to ensure they align with
Schlumberger's sustainability requirements, including human rights
obligations, local-content commitments, and the commitment to
reduce GHG footprint. Ensure suppliers provide Schlumberger with
the detailed GHG emissions certificate for their products/services
and responses to other ESG inquiries on request.
- Communicate supplier strategy and key events of such
relationships to the category, sourcing, supplier quality teams,
and geographical Supply Chain Managers.
- Report deviations to plan and take appropriate actions to
- Identify opportunities and implement action plans to reduce
- Participate in production and planning meetings to represent
- Supplier relationship management
- Quarterly Business Reviews
- Contract Negotiations
- Price Negotiations
- Forecast Management
- Audit coordination
- Business Outlook (internal/external) Qualifications and
- Degree holder in BS or MS in Supply Chain 3 years working in
supply chain working with suppliers and managing contracts.
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience, with experience in
Supplier Management role, Negotiation.
- Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels
within an organization.
- Experienced in Strong understanding and implementation of
Supplier Engagement Model.
- Experienced in working with 3rd Party Suppliers and Logistics
- Proficient in supply chain planning, cost analysis, business
forecasting and inventory optimization. Strong in Excel and
- Highly customer focused and motivated to ensure excellent
supply chain and operations performance is maintained for
customers. Passion for ensuring customer needs is fully met.
- Excellent communication skills and networking
- Self-motivated, confident, ability to work independently and
effectively in virtual/remote capacity. Experienced in working
within an international business environment preferred.
- Fluent in English.
- SAP or similar ERP systems.
- Experience to Ariba.
- Exposure to manufacturing.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US,
without experience. Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or
other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans
Keywords: Schlumberger, Lawrence , Supplier Leader, Professions , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!