Horticultural Assistant/ Delivery Driver
Company: Resource Environmental Solutions
Posted on: April 8, 2021
RES is the nation's largest and most experienced provider of
ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we
have restored over 328 stream miles, 58,024 wetland acres, and
rehabilitated, preserved, and/or managed over 15,000 acres of
special-status species habitats. RES operations include planting
over 17,400,000 restorative trees and reducing over 267 tons of
polluting nutrients. RES navigates and streamlines the
environmental permitting process with solutions that balance
economic development and ecological sustainability through the
establishment of mitigation/conservation banks, permittee
responsible turnkey mitigation, and corporate social responsibility
The Horticultural Assistant Delivery Driver drives truck with
capacity under 3 tons to transport materials to and from specified
destinations such as residences, offices, or work sites. As needed,
this role will assist in a variety of horticultural activities at
the direction of a supervisor or team leader. Carrying out all
tasks involved with containerized native plant and seed
propagation, production, growing and inventory control from start
- Verifies load against shipping papers.
- Drives truck to destination.
- Inspects product to be picked up against quality standards and
for accurate counts.
- Obtains signature for goods delivered. Signs for goods
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Secures load to prevent damage to goods enroute. Secures empty
carts upon return trip.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights,
brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires,
installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- Represent the RES-Taylor Creek brand with timely, courteous
service, and professional appearance and language.
- Wear RES-Taylor Creek shirt (provided) or approved logoed wear.
Pants shall be khakis, jeans or other approved wear.
- Assist with a variety of live plant production and care
activities in the greenhouse environment and outdoors.
- Assist with cultivation and harvest activities of outdoor seed
- Perform seed processing.
- Assist with inventory counts and records maintenance.
- Perform general housekeeping tasks.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write and speak fluently in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read maps and follow driving directions.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to obtain a Fed Med Card
- Forklift License, may be required (would be trained here by our
The working conditions and physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Willing and able to perform and comply with the following
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle
or feel; and talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds.
- Team push / pull up to 500 lbs loads on wheels
- Occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb
or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne
particles, extreme heat, and vibration.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- The employee is expected to be able to conduct field work that
may require walking up or down steep grades or on uneven ground,
operating in inclement, not dangerous, weather conditions, exposure
to direct sun and other weather, agricultural dust, and may be in
areas occupied by wild or domestic animals. Exposure to thorny or
poisonous plant materials is not uncommon in the field.
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor PI133408255
Keywords: Resource Environmental Solutions, Lawrence , Horticultural Assistant/ Delivery Driver, Professions , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!