Commercial Roofing Service Manager
Company: Tecta America
Posted on: January 12, 2020
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Since 1906, Schwickert s Tecta America has been serving commercial
building owners and residential homeowners across the Midwest. With
locations in Lawrence, KS, Mankato, Minneapolis, and Rochester, MN,
Schwickert s provides integrated products and services to the
Midwest region in the areas of Commercial Roofing, Architectural
Sheet Metal, Mechanical Plumbing & Piping, Mechanical
Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, and
Schwickert s Tecta America currently has an opportunity for a
Commercial Roofing Service Manager at our Lawrence, KS branch
office. Starting salary will be based upon candidate s experience
Schwickert's offers a comprehensive benefits package including
medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off,
paid holidays, etc. This position includes a commission incentive
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please
email your resume or a summary of your experiences and
qualifications by responding to this ad or apply online at
www.schwickerts.com or apply in person at 1841 E 1450 Road,
Oversee the sales, operations and financial performance for the
Commercial Roofing Service Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work with other Schwickert s sales professionals to develop leads
and sales efforts and to promote the department s products and
services. Work with other departments to promote cooperative sales
* Estimate, bid and specify work, and assist with estimates. Review
purchase orders, contracts, proposals to verify intended scope of
work and to assure that Company policies are not compromised.
* Set up individual projects; set up and maintain correspondence
logs per each project.
* Oversee and direct efforts of department superintendent or
supervisor on all aspects of project management, including
scheduling, production, and quality control. Oversee day-to-day
production and service, maximizing revenues by monitoring labor and
* Purchase materials as necessary and maintain department
inventory. Price material inventory slips.
* Promote and implement training programs for department employees
that focus on technology changes in the industry, product
development, and customer satisfaction and relation programs.
Interact with field personnel on customer relation efforts.
* Support and promote the Company policies and procedures. Drive
safety program within department, ensuring compliance with Company
* Provide effective leadership for the department including
teamwork, motivation, and positive employee relations.
* Submit budget and capital expenditure needs as requested.
* Develop efficient systems and processes for dispatching,
scheduling and call implementation as applicable.
* Work with prime and subcontractors on all phases of projects
including schedules, change orders, submittals, quality control,
* Field customer questions, complaints, and requests. Perform field
inspections and investigations as necessary.
* General accounting tasks, including collection of delinquent
accounts and submission of payroll reports. Invoice both contract
and T&M projects. Review invoices for payment approval.
* Additional duties as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associates or Bachelors Degree in
Construction Management, Business or related field; five or more
years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of
* Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening.
* Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different
types of people and situations.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Highly customer service oriented.
* Strong proficiency using MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
* Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective
relationships with all level of employees in a team-oriented
* Other critical skills include planning & organizing; problem
identification/resolution, multi-tasking, follow-through skills to
bring tasks to closure in a timely manner, priority setting, and
having a sense of urgency in accomplishing tasks in a timely
Keywords: Tecta America, Lawrence , Commercial Roofing Service Manager, Professions , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!