Company: The David J. Joseph Company
Posted on: December 1, 2019
At Advantage Metals Recycling (AMR) the opportunity is YOURS! We
have achieved years of success by giving our teammates the tools
they need to do the best job. Do you have what it takes to help
shape the future? Working at AMR is definitely for you if:
- You want a career and not just a job
- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a
- You have a positive, can-do attitude
- You are motivated and take initiativeWe are committed to
building great teams, offering competitive compensation, and
allowing for a healthy work-life balance, because our teammates are
our most valuable asset. Whether you work in a recycling facility
or at our corporate headquarters, AMR is a place where you can come
for a job, but stay for a career.AMR operates recycling facilities
in Kansas and Missouri. Our processing capabilities include an
automobile shredder, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch
processing, auto crushers, and extensive transportation services.
AMR is a proud part of Nucor Corporation and wholly owned
subsidiary of The David J Joseph family of companies and has a
well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are
recognized as good community citizens who are trustworthy,
financially strong and environmentally proactive.Advantage Metals
Recycling LLC a wholly owned subsidiary of DJJ has an exciting
opportunity for an Inspector/Scale Operator at our Lawrence, KS
yard. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with
excellent communication skills.Position Overview:
- Greet and assist customers and visually inspects inbound
material and verifies specific grade. Notifies the yard quality
control inspector when material does not comply with specifications
and seeks guidance.
- Weights, purchases and calculating payment for all purchase
materials. Prepares and issues payment by ATM, cash or scale check
according to the payment terms with the customer, not to exceed
limit set by the company policy.
- Communicates pricing information and material specifications to
- Obtains required information from customers for all
transactions, completes required purchasing and shipping
- Reviews all documents to ensure regulatory and Company
requirements are met.
- Workweek: M-F from approximately 7:45 a.m. 4:30 p.m.; Saturdays
approximately 8 a.m. 12:00 p.m. (at some locations)
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 2 years of cash handling and direct customer service experience
in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, basic math and
proficient with computer skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism.
- Ability to:
- Work on a touch screen computer
- Meet attendance schedule with dependability and
- Willing to work in an industrial environment which includes
being outside in all weather conditions
- Work with others and be part of a team
- Be flexible to work off hours, weekends, holidays and display a
positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and able to adapt to diverse assignments and changing
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- 1-year of general labor preferred.
- High School diploma or GED required; some college
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.We offer a
competitive compensation and benefit package including paid
training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life and
disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with
match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.Advantage
Metals Recycling (AMR) is a drug-free workplace and conducts
pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.AMR is an equal
opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy,
lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital
status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected
veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic
protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
AMR hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their
qualifications for the job to be filled. If youd like more
information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.AMR
reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to
enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform
the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would
impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all
applicants and teammates.AMR also provides a work environment in
which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best
of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere
of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the
cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from
discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all
teammates and applicants.E-Verify Information - E-Verify
NoticeEJNID: 2019-3569 External Company Name: Advantage Metals
Recycling, LLC External Company URL:
http://www.advantagerecycling.com/join-our-team/ Street: 1545 N 3rd
Street Shift: 1st Shift
Keywords: The David J. Joseph Company, Lawrence , Scale Operator, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!