Company: Advantage Metals Recycling
Posted on: August 10, 2019
OverviewAt Advantage Metals Recycling (AMR) the opportunity is
YOURS! We have achieved years of success by giving our teammates
the tools they need to do the best job. Do you have what it takes
to help shape the future? Working at AMR is definitely for you
- You want a career and not just a job
- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a
- You have a positive, can-do attitude
- You are motivated and take initiative
We are committed to building great teams, offering competitive
compensation, and allowing for a healthy work-life balance, because
our teammates are our most valuable asset. Whether you work in a
recycling facility or at our corporate headquarters, AMR is a place
where you can come for a job, but stay for a career.
AMR operates recycling facilities in Kansas and Missouri. Our
processing capabilities include an automobile shredder, balers,
shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, and
extensive transportation services. AMR is a proud part of Nucor
Corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph
family of companies and has a well-earned reputation for safety,
integrity and innovation. We are recognized as good community
citizens who are trustworthy, financially strong and
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures. Attend
safety meetings and participate in safety program.
- Operate heavy equipment of various sizes including cranes and
- Duties include, but are not limited to: loading scrap material
onto shredder feed conveyor, pushing shred pile up, moving material
throughout the yard, and/or loading trucks and railcars,
- Perform daily inspections on equipment reporting any defects or
needed repairs to supervisor.
- Keep grounds clear of debris while maintaining safety
- Operate small equipment such as a forklift or skid steer if
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to
sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or
equipment throughout the yard.
- Effectively communicate over radio with teammates for traffic
coordination, production, and safety procedures.
- Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other
employees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while
providing excellent customer service.
- Minimum of 3-years previous heavy equipment operation in
manufacturing environments, preferably in the scrap metal or
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operating principles, hazards and
safety precautions as well as mechanical ability.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes of priority and complete
job tasks safely and effectively without constant
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and
- Flexible to work overtime, off-hours, weekends, and holidays in
an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all
- Bilingual preferred - Spanish.
BenefitsWe offer a competitive compensation and benefit package
including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision,
life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k)
plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.EEO
StatementAdvantage Metals Recycling LLC (AMR) is a drug-free
workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of
employment.AMR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy,
lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age,
marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information,
protected veteran status, military status, or any other
characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules,
or regulations. AMR hires and promotes individuals solely on the
basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd
like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please
AMR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities
to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or
perform the essential functions of the job, unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This
applies to all applicants and teammates.AMR also provides a work
environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and
work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or
tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and
require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an
atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual
respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information - E-Verify NoticeEJNEJN
Keywords: Advantage Metals Recycling, Lawrence , Equipment Operator, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!