Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Home Health - Lawrence Area - Part Time
Company: INTERIM HEALTHCARE
Posted on: June 10, 2019
If you are an LPN in the Lawrence community looking for PRN work,
this job is the one for you! We are looking for an LPN that is
looking to join a growing company & has a passion for improving the
lives of others.General Purpose:Provides effective and efficient
patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse and in
accordance with the patient?s plan of care, applicable law and
regulation, accepted standards of nursing practice, payor
requirements and Interim HealthCare policies and
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of
care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as
indicated in the plan of care.
- Recognizes and reports changes in the patient?s condition to
the RN supervisor.
- Counsels and educates the patient and family in meeting
healthcare related needs.
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including
addressing patient?s progress.
- Assists the RN or physician in performing specialized
procedures and duties.
- Assists the RN in carrying out the patient plan of care.
- Assists the client in learning appropriate self-care
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the
interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote
coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care
and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the
current plan of care.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office?s Emergency Preparedness program, as
- Accesses protected health information (?PHI?) necessary to
fulfill the above duties and responsibilities.? Access to use and
ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization.Job
RequirementsMinimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of a practical (vocational) nursing program for
LPN/LVN and has a current license as a LPN/LVN in the state(s) in
which he/she practices
- At least 1200 hours of experience as an LPN/LVN or completion
of the Office's preceptor program.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to perform and provide evidence of current CPR
certification for adults, children and infants.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of
the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient
needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport
patient.Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by
office from assignment to assignment.
- Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient
care per applicable law or regulation.
- Work is normally performed in patient?s home, schools, or
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers or
palm, e.g., manipulate pen, syringes, vials, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting,
pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job
functions and related activities that may be required.Job Benefits
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Health Coverage
- Dental CoverageCompany OverviewInterim HealthCare is America's
leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We
offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career
opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.If
you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We
offer the security of working for an established company.
Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to
great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices
across the country. That kind of stability combined with our
commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career
partner.Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each
Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated.
?2018 Interim HealthCare Inc.Other Info
- Job City: Lawrence
- Job State: KS
- Employee Type: PRN--
Keywords: INTERIM HEALTHCARE, Lawrence , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Home Health - Lawrence Area - Part Time, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!