Systems Achitect - IoT
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 24, 2019
Are you looking for a new opportunity that truly allows you the
ability to expand your horizons? This is the position you've been
waiting for! Our client is searching for an IoT Systems Architect
to pioneer a position that is truly new in their industry.-- You
will be working to design network architecture in new construction
buildings and creating solutions that allow stand-alone systems to
communicate with each other.
This position is new in the construction industry and will have
wide ranging influence to develop cutting edge solutions. This
exciting position requires a person who is well versed in Cisco and
route switch networking. The ideal candidate has some experience
designing IoT systems, can operate in a client facing role, and
communicates well with a diverse team in the organization.
Base pay: $120K - $150K DOE with Bonus opportunity.
- Designs enterprise data centers, hybrids, and corporate office
- Designs multi-tenant building networks in support of BMS, IoT,
and security systems.
- Designs diverse wireless networks for traditional office space
and external environment construction site coverage.
- Leads the creation, testing and/or modification of network
solutions based on design requirements.
- Develops efficient architectures that align to business and
- Develops procedures for consistent and scalable deployment
processes, systems and solutions.
- Develops pipelines for concept discovery and collaboration
specific to construction technology delivery.
- Manages technical resources for design and implementation of
- Manages assigned projects from initiation through
- Trains end users or peers on particular applications, services,
devices, or concepts.
- Acts as escalation contact and subject matter expert for
systems and solutions.
- Tracks enterprise growth, office moves, and network
- Monitors network performance to determine whether adjustments
need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be
made in the future.
- Research new technologies by attending seminars, reading blogs,
or taking classes, and implement or recommend the implementation of
- Subject matter expert for a variety of IT related systems or
- Responsible for generating health, capacity, and performance
reporting as requested and designated by upper management.
- Report incidents, trending and uptime statistics.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations promptly and
- Inspires a sense of team in the work environment.
- Utilizes communication and conflict resolution skills to foster
teamwork and collaboration.
- Models a positive and professional attitude, maintaining
composure under pressure.
- Assesses and manages quality of work produced by team.
- Removes obstacles and solves problems and addresses escalated
issues from team members to optimize team performance and
- Serves as a change agent by supporting corporate and work
program change initiatives.--
- Communicates positive approaches to adapting to change.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 10+ Years systems engineering experience (Required).
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a
- Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office - Advanced.
- Ability to solve technical issues - Advanced.
- Documentation skills - Advanced.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of networking and
- Demonstrates professional maturity, humble reception of
feedback, and positive peer leadership.
- Ability to present, communicate, and execute professionally
throughout client facing engagements.
- Well-versed in project management for leading, training, and
executing complex activities.
- Ability to quickly and effectively solve complex
- Ability to deliver quality through attention to
- Ability to work in team and independently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule - may be on call in the
evenings and weekends.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team,
internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- In lieu of the above requirements, relevant experience will be
- 10-15% travel
Our client is a major player in commercial construction in the
Midwest United States. In addition to attractive compensation and
bonus, you will be part of an ownership culture that offers stock
to employees on a yearly basis, free lunch in a beautiful onsite
restaurant, and an onsite gym. We look forward to getting to know
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Lawrence , Systems Achitect - IoT, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!