Company: Plastikon Industries
Posted on: October 29, 2018
Plastikon Healthcare, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Plastikon Industries, is seeking candidates for the position of Operations Associate I-III
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Requirements: High School diploma or GED required. Technical Training or 1-3 years experience in laboratory testing/production inspection preferred.
Skills/Qualifications: Working knowledge of basic math to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and averaging. Ability to use a scale, calipers and other measuring devices. Ability to train and operate a fork truck and packaging equipment controls.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Required reading, writing and speaking fluently in English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, lift objects, and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, and kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, correctable to 20/20. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The employee is exposed to laboratory chemical reagents and microbial cultures. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate; some activities require personal protective equipment, which is provided. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Operations Associate operates packaging equipment, packages product per instructions in master packaging records, and maintains a clean and sanitized area in the production suites.
The Operations Associate is a premium position in relation to a Production Packaging Associate, due to maintaining skills as a backup for the QC Line Inspector position. Skills must be maintained for conducting line inspection and testing to support the cGMP manufacturing operations, when assigned. Backup testing includes dimensional tests, visual inspection and completes batch record testing documentation independently and in a timely manner in accordance with quality system procedures. Additional duties to support the laboratory include logging area and incubator temperatures, sampling of raw materials, releasing packaging materials, environmental sampling of classified areas, preparation of media, and sampling and testing water.
The Operations Associate reports directly to the Production Supervisor, but takes immediate direction from the shift Lead BFS Technician or BFS Technician on duty. When assigned backup activities, the Operations Associate reports to the QC Manager for the duration of the assignment.
Job Roles required of the position:
- Fill/Pack, and Clean/Sanitization of production: Performs packaging activities per instructions in master packaging records and quality system procedures. Maintain, clean, and sanitize areas in the production suites. Trained on operational features of the packaging lines equipment; ability to start, run, and stop the equipment.
- QC Line Testing: Assumes role of QC Line Inspector when needed to perform various tests as dictated by master batch records to support release of finished product. Performs visual inspections to ensure finished goods are packaged correctly prior to release. Assumes accountability for work performed. Releases packaging materials to graphic/dimensional specifications for use in manufacturing. Provides support activity to line personnel for break coverage.
- Lab Tech, QC Clean/Sanitization of Lab: Provides support activities in a backup role for laboratory team as assigned by the area manager including media preparation, logging area and incubatory temperatures, sampling of raw materials and water, wet chemistry testing, and environmental sampling of classified areas. Provides support for laboratory cleaning and sanitization and glassware washing, as assigned.
- NCR System: Supports the nonconformance system through reporting of Nonconformances and supporting Quality in investigation activities. Duties include placing product on QC Hold, pending investigation or OOS or NCR investigations.
- Shipping/Warehouse & Receiving: Trained/certified on fork truck operation to move finish goods from production to warehouse and to restock components to the production floor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Plastikon Industries, Lawrence , Operations Associate, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!