Shipper - Day Shift (9a - 5p)
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Shipper - Day Shift (9a - 5p)
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits---join
LOCATION: Lawrence, KS
Sheridan Kansas has operated in Lawrence, Kansas, for more than 70
years - of service to the Journal publishing industry. - Our
customers depend on us to covert their ideas into one of the most
important inventions man ever made, a book of printed words. -
The Shipping-Receiving department is responsible for shipping,
receiving and storage of all inventory. - It also assists in the
order processing and shipping of back issue orders. - Schedule is
Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. - Shipper I responsibilities
- Packaging journals according to specification / procedure for
appropriate delivery method.
- Shrink-wrapping and poly-wrapping journals for storage.
- Applying proper postage, completing and filing necessary
- Completing various forms required for processing shipments.
- Filing and maintaining distribution records for Sheridan
- Receiving inventory and putting inventory into storage with use
of various methods of equipment.
- Assisting SKS employees regarding postal regulations for
special mailing procedures.
- Responsible for accurate counts of inventory on-hand and action
taken with inventory as needed (performing inventory counts and
purges as necessary).
- Maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Additional duties for candidates hired at the Shipper II level
- Processing LTL freight shipments.
- Operating a motor vehicle for company transport.
- Processing shipments / orders in the fulfillment
- Pulling and processing back issue orders as needed.
- Operating a forklift.
- Entering materials in EFI.
- Setting up, operating, and performing QC procedures on Tip-On
Machine and Drills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Data entry skills of 30 words per minute.
- Willingness to follow established procedures and take
- Ability to work with others in accomplishing tasks or goals in
a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to cross train in other production
areas as needed.
- Ability to read and understand written work instructions.
- Warehousing / Shipping experience.
- Knowledge of USPS expedited carriers and LTL deliveries.
- Candidates hired at the Shipper II level would have:
- Valid Driver's License with the ability to be insurable on the
company's policy. - Must be physically able to operate a motor
- Forklift certification.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or
10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move
- Manual dexterity is necessary.
- Ability to remain standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled, damp and/or dusty
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for
employment, please contact the HR Department at 785-471-2687 or
Keywords: Sheridan, Lawrence , Shipper - Day Shift (9a - 5p), Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...