Resident Care Assistant (RCA)
Posted on: January 27, 2023
SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this job position is to assist
in providing exceptional customer service to our residents. The
incumbent will work with all departments to ensure that our
residents are receiving the highest caliber of care during their
stay.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop & maintain a good working rapport with other
departments within the facility to assure that daily activities can
be performed without interruption. Create & maintain an atmosphere
of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a
calm environment throughout the facility.
- Greet and maintain positive, friendly relationships with all
- Assists in-room residents by visiting with them, writing
letters, running errands, and perform assistance with crafts,
projects, etc., as necessary.
- Ensure that rooms are prepared for the arrival of new
- Assist with the distribution of food trays to residents.
- Manage, maintain, and organize resident property in accordance
with polices and standards.
- Help organize and put away resident laundry.
- Answer call-lights, and get appropriate staff to help resident
- Address any concerns that residents may have with appropriate
department heads and leadership.
- Bring residents to assigned areas throughout the facility as
- Make beds, and straighten up rooms.
- Serve as back-up to the front-desk receptionist to ensure to
maintain customer service standards.
- May assist in special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
language.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to push, pull move and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: Legend, Lawrence , Resident Care Assistant (RCA), Other , Tonganoxie, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!