Operator I, Dig Crew
Company: Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Operator I, Dig Crew
This position is responsible to perform, at a high level of skill,
duties required for the operation and maintenance of the pipeline
system, including mechanical equipment repairs, preventative
maintenance efforts, and maintenance and/or operation of various
types of Company property such as buildings, machinery, rights of
way, and pipelines in all functions within operations. This
position will be predominately one in which the employee will
travel with a crew 80% of the time. This position must reside
within a 40-mile radius of reporting location and will be required
to perform housekeeping throughout reporting location.
- Dig Crew Employees are required to schedule available Personal
Time Off only during Company's major holiday breaks including:
Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and
each reporting location's public school's spring break. All
scheduling of PTO is subject to prior management approval.
- Dig Crew Employees must remain at the location for two (2)
Technical Duties (with no direct supervision)
- Develop in-depth understanding of operations of natural gas
transmission pipeline industry.
- Perform assigned duties in areas of pipeline anomaly digs,
pipeline repair, and maintenance activities with a high level of
- Perform or assist with basic electrical tasks, if requested, as
allowed under NFPA70E such as routine maintenance and replacement
of existing single phase electrical equipment.
- Utilize all applicable IT systems.
- Complete all criteria in Qualifications section above as well
as other items in the "Job Qualification Task List" as incorporated
- Create/maintain all required documentation related to
- Attain and Maintain proficiency in performing Operator
Qualification tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all applicable regulations, Company policies and
procedures (OSHA, DOT, NFPA 70E, etc.)Training
- Defensive Driving
- Maintain First Aid/CPR certification
- CBT / ExxTend Learning modules
- Other coursework and proof of skill as required by law,
regulation, or Company policy or procedure
- New Employee Safety Orientation
- Safety 101Safety
- Participate in safety presentations
- Understand and effectively implement Emergency Procedures
- Understand and use Sec 65 of the SSCGP O&M
- Participate in SSCGP Safety program Leadership
- Provide leadership with minimal supervision
- Co-lead assigned projects
- Other duties and training as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications:High School diploma or GED, technical
aptitude; basic skill level in Microsoft Office products; maintain
a valid driver's license, maintain a DOT physical card, experience
in natural gas pipeline; and CDL with X endorsement.Preferred
Qualifications:Bachelor's degree, Associates or two-year technical
Keywords: Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline, Lawrence , Operator I, Dig Crew, Other , Ottawa, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!