Company: Microchip Technology Incorporated
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded
control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general
purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers,
32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA)
products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear,
mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency
(RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless
connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable
Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories,
Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory
(SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in
a broad range of products.
Process Silicon Wafers in a cleanroom environment following
written specifications and performing multiple operations.
Responsible for manual data entry on process travelers, SPC charts,
logbooks, and computer data entry for lot tracking and equipment
tracking. Interface with multiple people and multiple
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In senior and highly skilled levels, performs equipment set-up
and calibration, and may perform routine preventative maintenance
- Work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring
judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and
skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Interact with all levels of employees to increase output,
reduce waste, standardize work instructions, incorporate continuous
improvement, and improve communications and cooperation between
- Engage in daily production operation and anticipate product
problems (i.e. so that loss of work hours is minimized and
production objectives are met).
- Perform wafer fabrication functions in the production of
- Operate equipment in performing alignment, masking, etch,
deposition, diffusion, grinding and die pick and place.
- Exchange timely information with other team members on product
flow and workforce needs.
- Demonstrate a keen awareness of safety practices and
familiarity with OSHA standards.
- Create and update technical documents and process/work
- Other duties as assigned.
Microchip targets candidates who value teamwork, have effective
interpersonal skills and respect the technical leadership and
structured processes that we utilize to build our world-class
- No experience necessary (Will train right candidate) to work in
wafer grinding or die pick and place.
- Highly motivated and ability to work well with people.
- Aptitude to learn new skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical documents. Respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, and regulatory agencies.
- Good hand and finger dexterity to handle wafers without
- Working second shift
- Cross-trained in multiple wafer fab operations
- Practical working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
- SPC experience a plus.
- 1+ years of experience in a wafer fab or manufacturing
environment with experience in any of these areas: diffusion, wet
etch, metals deposition (evaporation and sputtering) or
Keywords: Microchip Technology Incorporated, Lawrence , Production Specialist, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!