POOL-Student Security Monitor
Company: KU The University Of Kansas
Posted on: June 10, 2021
- Monitor CCTV cameras at Spencer Museum of Art and the Public
- Make inspection tours inside Spencer Museum of Art (includes
art galleries, stairs, storage rooms) reporting any suspicious
activities or irregularities.
- Based on need, students may perform security responsibilities
on foot during home football and basketball games. Students will be
assigned to monitor activities in specified sectioned seating areas
at special events and report any suspicious activities or
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with
staff of Spencer Museum of Art and the Public Safety Office.
- In order to carry out the responsibilities of a student
security monitor, applicants must remain mentally alert, be
confined to a small space for long periods of time without
experiencing anxiety, see and hear clearly in order to detect
suspicious activities or irregularities.
- Must meet KU minimum enrollment requirements for employment (6
credit hours or more during the academic year).
- Must be available to work late nights, weekends and
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as
evidenced by application materials and interview.
- Pursuant to Federal and State Regulation effective 8-9-2013,
all civilian law enforcement employees having access to CJIS
(Criminal Justice Information System) are required to be U.S.
citizens or non-U.S. citizens who are legally able to perform the
work in or for the United States. (NOTE: Naturalized U.S. citizens
and non-U.S. citizens legally able to perform work in or for the
U.S. must provide appropriate official documentation for proof of
- Must be free of any diversions for or convictions of felonies
and free of serious misdemeanors.
- Must submit to and pass a thorough background check.
- Must have hearing and sight correctable to a normal range, with
or without accommodation.
- Mental alertness is mandatory at all times.
- Must be able to climb stairs, walk long distances and stand for
long periods of time with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to speak using good clarity, tone, syntax and
grammar for purpose of reporting irregularities.
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and
- Must have working knowledge of computer.
- Experience in working in an office setting.
- Must work effectively with others.
Additional Candidate Instruction
- Hours worked will be between 6:00 pm and 8:00 am, Sunday
- CCTV Monitoring Center shift hours: 6:00-10:00 pm, 10:00
pm-2:00 am, and 2:00-6:00 am.
- Spencer Art Museum hours vary upon needs.
- Public Safety Office main office hours: 8:00 am-5:00 pm, M-F,
- Based on need, students may also work football and basketball
- Employees can work up to a maximum of 20 hours in a normal
- All employees will be issued the following equipment:
- 1. Two (2) Shirts
2. One (1) Baseball Cap
3. One (1) Department Identification Badge
- Student Security will be responsible for providing his/her own
pants/slacks to be worn with the uniform shirt. Pants must be khaki
or tan in color no jeans or shorts.
- All employees are required to maintain a professional
appearance. They must assume the responsibility for maintaining
high standards of personal grooming and cleanliness. Hair will be
neat, clean and present a professional appearance. Beards shall be
neatly trimmed and groomed.
- A complete application includes the
online application, cover letter and resume.
Review of applications is on-going and applicants will be hired on
an as-needed basis.
Keywords: KU The University Of Kansas, Lawrence , POOL-Student Security Monitor, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!