Company: University of Kansas
Posted on: June 9, 2021
60% - Course Design and Development
- Work with faculty and staff to design and develop online and
hybrid courses delivered in Blackboard and Canvas learning
- Perform Quality Matters informal reviews and prepare reports
based on review findings.
- Support course delivery and evaluate the effectiveness of
online course materials.
20% - Faculty Support
- Design and deliver faculty workshops and training in the areas
of online teaching, course design, instructional technologies, and
- Create support documentation and/or multimedia for faculty in
the areas of online teaching, course design, and instructional
technologies including use of learning management systems.
10% - Implementation and Production
- Work with Digital Media Specialists and other campus partners,
such as KUIT Educational Technologists, to implement and facilitate
the use of technologies that support teaching and learning.
5% - Research
- Explore, evaluate, and promote new pedagogical techniques and
5% - Other related duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in educational technology, education,
instructional design, curriculum and instruction or related
Two years demonstrated knowledge and application of
instructional design principles, learning theory, online learning
strategies and technology integration.
- Two years of experience in each of the following areas:
- Collaborating with faculty to design, develop, and deliver
quality online instruction.
- Creating online courses using a content or learning management
system such as Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, etc.
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines with a commitment to
working in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by
Experience teaching, especially in an online course
Experience working with faculty or teachers.
Experience working with a variety of teaching and learning
technologies such as Adobe products, Blackboard, Canvas, Microsoft
Teams, Office 365, VoiceThread, Zoom etc.
Strong history of collaboration with academic and technology
Familiarity with the Quality Matters rubric.
Experience and/or awareness of universal design and
- Participation in professional associations and
Keywords: University of Kansas, Lawrence , Instructional Designer, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!