POOL - Student Hourly - Fall 2021 Night Desk Assistant
Company: University of Kansas
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, and an appreciation for
various identities. Including the ability to show respect for
others' cultures, rights, feelings, and property.
- Positively participate, engage, and contribute within
trainings, meetings with supervisor, ongoing departmental
communication, and an annual performance evaluation process.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal integrity, such as
modeling good judgment, ethical behavior, and adherence to laws and
- Each Night Desk Assistant is subject to possible progressive
discipline up to and including termination in the event that they
violate any policies, procedures and regulations of Residence Life,
and of The University of Kansas, including, but not limited to, the
Terms and Conditions of the KU Student Housing Contract, Student
Code of Rights and Responsibilities, KU Human Resources policies,
and the Student Housing Handbook.
Safety and Security
- Monitor the card access system and security cameras for the
- Ensure access by residents, approved staff members, and
accompanied guests only.
- Maintain an awareness of hall surroundings and ensure that
non-resident guests are with a resident.
- Report suspicious behavior, to hall staff and KU Public
- Assist hall staff when directed during an emergency.
- Submit incident reports as documentation of various situations
at the desk.
- Be familiar with and enforce policies and procedures of the
University of Kansas and KU Student Housing.
- Document incidents occurring during working hours and submit
incident reports through the designated online incident reporting
- Communicate with other Residence Life staff members when
appropriate and/or in accordance with reporting structure.
- Ensure a welcoming and approachable reception area for the
- Greet residents, staff members, and other guests, answer phone,
and assist with questions and concerns.
- Perform administrative tasks related to hall occupancy
including issuing keys, check-ins/check-outs, lockouts, equipment
check-outs, providing mail and packages, and scheduling room
- Serve as the information hub for the building by sharing
information and answering questions.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing communication.
- Perform additional duties and special assignments as
Training and Evaluation
- Attend all scheduled departmental, staff, and training programs
as directed by your supervisor.
- Participate in an annual position evaluation.
- Must meet KU minimum enrollment for employment (6 credit
- 1 year experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Experience with KU Student Housing, with priority given to
current KU Student Housing residents and staff.
- Work experience including customer service and administrative
- Ability to manage work tasks in a fast-paced environment with
rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to follow direction and communicate clearly in written
and oral form.
Keywords: University of Kansas, Lawrence , POOL - Student Hourly - Fall 2021 Night Desk Assistant, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!