Field Technician I - Lawrence, KS
Company: Midcontinent Communications
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Preferred candidates will live within 15 miles of service area.
Relocation may be available
Field Techs perform installation, disconnects and trouble calls
for residential/business customers. Our field techs drive a company
vehicle and wear company clothing. As a Midco team member, you will
enjoy free & discounted internet and cable; competitive benefits &
pay; quarterly incentives; progressive career opportunities with
pay increases; and training & advancement opportunities!
to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
- Perform installation work including but not limited to voice,
video and data installs, and service changes and disconnects in
customer homes and places of business.
- Complete Midco First Time Right Broadband I certification
within 90 days of hire. Consistently apply First Time Right
principles in all aspects of work.
- Troubleshoot and repair services from tap to Customer Premise
Equipment (CPE), and signal leakage repairs.
- Maintain records, including daily logs and gas sheets.
- Record all required information on work orders, surveys, and
- Promote cable, internet, and other Company services and educate
customers on the proper use of Midco's services, including how to
add additional services, access help online, channel lineups, and
proper equipment usage.
- Ensure proper signal levels and picture quality on all
television sets; clear the premises of all debris and materials
after the installation is complete.
- Appropriately manage difficult or emotional customer situations
and respond promptly to customer needs.
- Respond to requests for service and assistance in a timely
- Perform on-call duties as required.
- Possess knowledge of Midco's safety program (Target Zero),
practice and enforce safety rules and procedures; operate all
equipment in a safe manner.
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco's
"Use of Vehicle for Company Business" policy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of
communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco's privacy guidelines to ensure each customer's
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the
efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the
efforts and strategies, initiatives and projects of other
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility,
responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas of
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and
detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and
decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in a manner that develops positive relationships with team members,
customer and leadership.
- Adhere to and actively follow Midco policies and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- HS Diploma/G.E.D. required.
- Maintain a current and valid driver's license and good to
excellent driving record. A DUI within the last 5 years
disqualifies you from employment in this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and
arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or carry loads of up to 84 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and may
occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts, high,
precarious places, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation
- In-person visits to a customer's home or place of business are
normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required
include accessing a customer's home or place of business by stairs
or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating
hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a
constantly changing environment.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per
week and other than normal business hours, as business
- Must be able to climb poles, ladders, and other structures with
- Must be able to work from elevated heights and in tight spaces
such as attics and crawlspaces.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to
the world of communications and delighting customers with
exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine
commitment to each other, Midco fiber proudly serves more than
440,000 residential and business customers in 400 communities in
Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By
2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband -
while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas.
We're also dedicated to making our communities better places to
live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here
are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to
- Free Midco internet & cable TV
- Get involved: Midco supports volunteerism and community
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work
- And many more
Visit https://midco.com/careers to learn
about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected
Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local
commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view
our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please
refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.
Keywords: Midcontinent Communications, Lawrence , Field Technician I - Lawrence, KS, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!