Loss Prevention Officer I (Sun-Thurs 9pm-5am)
Company: New Balance
Posted on: June 8, 2021
For over a century, New Balance has inspired athletes and
communities of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence. We
innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and we are driven by
the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We seek
leaders and pioneers - because there's no time to wait around for
next. At New Balance, We Got Now.
Under the general direction of the Loss Prevention Supervisor
and day to day oversight by the Loss Prevention Team Lead, perform
a variety of customer service and protection duties to monitor and
ensure compliance with company policy relative to security, safety,
Monitor and respond to alarm signals and incidents at 100+ New
Balance locations around the world from our global security
operations center using intrusion alarm, video management,
electronic access control, comprehensive risk management and
dispatch activity tracking systems.
- Provide excellent customer service to our internal and external
New Balance customers.
- Respond to local incidents in person, make critical decisions,
and control situations. Incidents may include but are not limited
to medical emergencies, threats, trespassing, burglaries, theft,
natural disasters, and facility alarms.
- Control local access from our front desk security posts.
Understand and navigate visitor management software. Register and
check-in visitors, contractors, and temporary associates. Assist in
checking and issuing employee identification and inspect bags and
packages as necessary.
- Understand and navigate electronic access control system
software. Monitor and respond to door alarm and card swipe activity
for over 40 locations both domestic and international for more than
9000 active access card holders globally. Interpret access
clearances, schedules, and create new badges.
- Understand and navigate video management system software.
Quickly access video for 100+ locations for live monitoring,
recorded video playback, video archiving, and export to portable
- Understand and navigate intrusion alarm system hardware design,
operations, and functions. Interpret zone locations, behavior,
arm/disarm, and bypass zones. Assist local and remote customers
with keypad operation.
- Understand and navigate incident management and reporting
software. Comprehensive reports must be filed for all incidents
that occur. Reports are generated locally by a responding officer
and are also submitted by our customers from any location. Officer
must monitor the report inbox daily and investigate promptly.
- Using the incident management software for dispatch, track all
daily work-based activities.
- Perform container inspections and investigate and report
discrepancies in compliance with CTPAT program.
- Perform interior and exterior patrols of facility to ensure
compliance with safety and security policies and procedures.
Interact with employees and management to assist in correcting
deficiencies related to the safety/security environment.
- Open and Close building(s) as scheduled.
- Participate in fire protection and safety programs, including
inspections and evacuations. During scheduled times, remain on
- Assist in performing crime prevention and confidential
investigative work as directed by LP management. As an agent of the
company, may appear as a witness in court cases extending from
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned or
Measures of Success:
- Knowledge and application of standard operating procedures
- Incident response urgency, accuracy, decision making ability,
and follow through
- Meet critical deadlines for assigned security programs and
- Dispatch activity tracking of daily responsibilities
- Loss Prevention Supervisor
- Minimum 3-5 years of security or technology-based experience
and/or AS college degree
- Skill with computers and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to learn and navigate multiple software-based security
- End user knowledge and experience with the following systems is
- Software House CCURE 9000 Security & Event Management
- ExacqVision Video Management
- Resolver Risk & Incident Management
DSC Intrusion Alarm
- Professional email communication and report writing
- Current First Aid/CPR certification desirable
- Ability to speak or understand Spanish is an advantage
- Valid drivers' license, vehicle, and phone required
- Ability to conduct the extensive interior and exterior walking
patrols required of this position.
Pre-hire criminal record check will be conducted.
Regular associates may be eligible to receive an annual bonus
based on individual and/or business performance
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make
sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a
comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental,
vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional
perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team
building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship
programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they
develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule,
gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities,
because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part
of our culture.
Learn more about our Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and
prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that
employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other
terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information
and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently
separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected
Keywords: New Balance, Lawrence , Loss Prevention Officer I (Sun-Thurs 9pm-5am), Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!