Student- Veteran Liaison- (VA Work Study Eligible Only)
Company: University of Kansas
Posted on: June 8, 2021
VA approved work-study students provide support to the veterans
certifying official, VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) counselor,
Military-Affiliated Student Center director, student veterans
and/or GI Bill users by assisting with VA-related duties,
including, but not limited to:
- Assisting prospective, new and current students and parents via
phone, email and/or in person with general inquiries about using
VA/veteran benefits, attending KU, transitioning from the military
world to campus life, etc.
- Providing support and consultation for veterans' related issues
on campus (e.g. transition assistance, connecting students to
relevant KU/VA resources, KU SVA support, etc.)
- Assisting with maintaining regulatory, information security and
confidentiality compliance in accordance with federal, state and
- Assisting with maintaining and organizing military-affiliated
student-related files (e.g. GI Bill, VA benefits, etc.)
- Assisting with the development and dissemination of accurate
and current Veterans Affairs/student veteran information to
relevant constituencies (e.g. flyers, web content, emails)
- Assisting and conducting targeted outreach to
military-affiliated students with relevant campus/community efforts
- Maintaining most current information and updates by attending
required and necessary trainings to support the aforementioned
Reg/Temp: Temporary (Summer, Fall and/or Spring semesters - must
reapply each semester)
Hours: Flexible, 5-20 hours/week.
- Prior experience in an office/customer service setting.
- Ability to work with a wide range of students, prospective
students, faculty, and staff.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Keywords: University of Kansas, Lawrence , Student- Veteran Liaison- (VA Work Study Eligible Only), Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!