Transfer Student Ambassador (2nd Language Proficient)-Student Hourly
Company: University of Kansas
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Responsibilities of KU Edwards Campus Transfer Communities
Ambassadors include but are not limited to creating a positive
visit experience by attending community college events and info
fairs, giving tours of campus, serving on panels, discussing their
KU experience with guests, responding to questions posed by campus
visitors, and corresponding with prospective students and friends
of KU. KU Edwards Campus Transfer Communities Ambassadors are
knowledgeable about many aspects of campus including academics,
campus involvement, student services, and the transfer process. The
rate of pay for this position is $14.00/hour with an average of 2-5
hours worked per week. KU Edwards Campus Transfer Communities
Ambassadors are supervised by Amy Sellers, Transfer Services &
Early College Program Coordinator at the KU Edwards Campus.
Note: This position is located at the KU Edwards Campus located in
Overland Park, KS.
Duties and Responsibilities
Each KU Edwards Campus Transfer Communities Ambassadors will:
* Table at community college events and education fairs.
* Attend and assist with Transfer Communities program events.
* Serve on student panels for KUEC events.
* Assist with campus tours.
* Assist with New Student Orientation and Transfer Onboarding.
* Connect with prospective transfer students via phone and
* Assist with Transfer and Early College administrative work.
* Proficient in a second language (American Sign Language and/or
Expectations of Service
* Must attend regularly scheduled Ambassador Meetings and be
* Must support the organization and its members, goals, events,
projects, and staff in a positive and constructive manner,
upholding the KU Student Code of conduct at all times.
* Must Participate in leadership training sessions deemed necessary
to improve leadership skills scheduled prior to or early in the
KU Edwards Campus Transfer Communities Ambassadors regularly work
throughout the fall and spring semester with the possibility of
working during breaks and summers.
* Must carry at least six (6) credit hours per fall/spring semester
* Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative Grade Point Average.
* Must be a current KU Edwards Campus program student.
* Transferred from a community college or other 4-year
* Prior experience with Phi Theta Kappa or other community college
* Prior public speaking experience or coursework taken.
* Federal Work Study program eligibility.
Keywords: University of Kansas, Lawrence , Transfer Student Ambassador (2nd Language Proficient)-Student Hourly, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!