Pharmacist Intern-Rx #98
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Department: DIL Pharmacy
Position Type: Intern
Position Reports To: Pharmacist, Pharmacy Manager
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional
service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that
encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager
in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department,
and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace
the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver
excellent customer service. Role model and demonstrate the
company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity,
inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome,
important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products
sold within thedepartment and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of pharmaceutical products and be
able to competently discuss these products with customers and
- Provide drug counseling to customers.
- Assist with over the counter medications recommendations.
- Be able to accurately input patient and prescription
information into the pharmacy computer system.
- Dispense the correct medication.
- Contact prescribers' offices for authorization.
- Bag filled prescriptions and deliver to customer
- Process third party insurance information for customers.
- Contact insurance companies on the behalf of the customers, if
- Facilitate charge purchases for customers.
- Accept and interpret oral and written prescriptions accurately
- Clean the department.
- Provide immunizations under the supervision of the
- Compare and check incoming orders.
- Stock incoming orders properly.
- Return unused medication stock bottles to stock.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Notify pharmacist on duty if they are made aware of a
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity,
including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this
position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Be actively enrolled in a US school of pharmacy
- Hold a current state issued Pharmacy Intern license
Potential Career Path from this position:
- Graduate Intern
- Staff Pharmacist
- Pharmacy Manager
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches
and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly,
Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads
through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction,
Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger
Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Keywords: Kroger, Lawrence , Pharmacist Intern-Rx #98, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!