The student assistant:
* Works at the front desk of the COAAP office (Summerfield Hall
315) and oversees the reception area. * Answers phone calls,
responds to emails and online chat, and greets in-person visitors.
* Provides accurate information about our services and KU to
students, parents, guests, faculty, and staff in a timely manner. *
Assists incoming students with Orientation registration and current
students with scheduling academic advising appointments. * Supports
COAAP through office organization, printing, copying, scanning,
mail distribution, document creation, data entry, and other
projects. * Utilizes various technologies and software to
accomplish job responsibilities. * May be responsible for opening
and/or closing the office.
To be determined with student and supervisor.
Will fall within 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday to Friday business
Approximately 15-25 hours per week during summer term, and 10-15
hours per week during fall/spring semester.
* Undergraduate student that has completed at least two
semesters at KU.
* Enrolled at KU in at least 6 credit hours during the
fall/spring. During summer, the student assistant must be enrolled
in at least 6 hours in the past spring semester, or enrolled in at
least 6 hours for the upcoming fall semester, or be enrolled in the
summer session. * Good academic standing with at least a 2.5
cumulative GPA or higher.
* Excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by
* Customer service experience as demonstrated by application
* Campus involvement through student organizations, experiential
learning, or leadership positions as demonstrated by application
* Availability to work during the summer and academic school
year (internships and study abroad can be exceptions during the
* Demonstrated KU knowledge: academic, extracurricular,
* Demonstrated experience using technology, including Microsoft
Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams).
* Excellent oral communication skills.
* Ability to problem solve.
* Ability to manage situations in a calm and professional
* Open to sharing experience as a KU student with students,
parents, and guests.
* Sensitivity to needs and concerns of students, parents, and
* Flexibility with schedule with advance notice to participate
in COAAP initiatives and activities.
* Ability to work upper end of listed hours per week.
* Availability to work during the middle of the day.