PRN Athletic Trainer
Company: The University of Kansas Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
PRN Athletic Trainer
Lawrence Watkins Health Services
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Athletic Trainer is responsible for providing "Athletic
Training Services" to student-athletes under the direction of the
team physician or by written referral from a physician, and in
accordance with the Kansas State Athletic Training Act. The
Athletic Trainer must be able to work alone, but within a medical
team. The Athletic Trainer is part of an actively engaged healing
team committed to providing the highest medical care for the
injured student-athletes. This position provides first aid
services, injury evaluation, injury treatment, rehabilitation and
makes appropriate physician referrals. The Athletic Trainer must
make accurate calls for student-athletes to return to play
following appropriate medical recommendations.
- Provide direct care of athletic injuries during practice, games
- Refer needed treatment to the appropriate facilities.
- Document accurate records of injuries/treatment provided in a
timely manner via electric injury tracking system and to
participate in data collection/research for improving clinical
outcomes at the unit, department and hospital levels within the
Youth Sports Medicine Program.
- Coordinates pre-participation exams and maintains an accurate
list of athletes medical eligible to compete under district and
state rules and regulations.
- Provides community education in the area of sports medicine
including development of a student Athletic Training program.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or
technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential
functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon
your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year program
- NATABOC Certification
- KS/MO Licensure
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- 1-2 years of experience in an outreach program
- Athletic Training/Sports Medicine emphasis
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job
Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.
Keywords: The University of Kansas Hospital, Lawrence , PRN Athletic Trainer, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!