Hickory House Clerk - Part Time
Company: Hy-Vee Food Stores
Posted on: March 17, 2020
Job Title: Hickory House Clerk FLSA: Non-ExemptDepartment:
Hickory House Revision Date: 05/2018General Function: Provides
prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Reviews and fills
customer orders for the day. Handles food in a safe manner and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.Reporting
Relations:Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant
Directors; Store Operations, Perishables, and Health Wellness Home;
Food Service Director; Hickory House Manager; Assistant Hickory
House Manager; Assistant ManagersDirect Reports: NonePrimary Duties
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employees designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by:
- escorting them to the products for which theyre looking
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking
- Takes customer orders at the Hickory House counter.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Reviews orders for the day.
- Handles food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is
always clean and neat.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for
- Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and
develops or follows a production list.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily
- Prepares and replenishes product as necessary.
- Pulls product from cooler/freezer to prepare for cooking.
- Checks in product, puts product away, and may review
- Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes
change, etc., where applicable.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.Secondary Duties and
- Washes dishes as necessary.
- Orders product and supplies as necessary.
- Prices products for customers as necessary.
- Delivers orders as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
required.Education and Experience:No education requirement. Six
months or less of similar or related work experience.Physical
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.Working Conditions:The duties for
this position are normally conducted in a store environment. There
is significant pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple
priorities. There is exposure to noise, equipment movement hazards,
cleaning chemicals/solvents, possible electrical shock and
temperature extremes.Equipment Used to Perform Job:Standard tools
and equipment used in a kitchen environment including disposal,
trash compactor, slicer, Hobart machine, grill, fryer, dishwasher,
register system, ovens, rotisserie, knives, label maker, and
company vehicle.Contacts:Has daily contact with the general public
and customers. Has contact with federal/state governmental or
regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Keywords: Hy-Vee Food Stores, Lawrence , Hickory House Clerk - Part Time, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!