Manufacturing Control Operator (MCO)- 2nd Shift
Company: The J. M. Smucker Company
Posted on: January 16, 2020
The J.M. Smucker Company has a unique culture rooted in our Basic
Beliefs, strengthened by Our Commitment to Each Other and
perpetuated by the creation of an environment that leads to the
continued growth of our employees.
Inspired by more than 120 years of business success and five
generations of family leadership, The J. M. Smucker Company makes
food that people and pets love. The Company s portfolio of 40+
brands, which are found in 90 percent of U.S. homes and countless
restaurants, includes iconic products consumers have always loved
such as Folgers , Jif and Milk-Bone plus new favorites like Caf
Bustelo , Smucker s Uncrustables and Rachael Ray Nutrish . Over the
past two decades, the Company has grown rapidly by thoughtfully
acquiring leading and emerging brands, while ensuring the business
has a positive impact on its 7,000+ employees, the communities it
is a part of and the planet. For more information about The J. M.
Smucker Company, visit https://jmsmucker.com.
Perform tasks as assigned in the production of full diet dog food.
This includes ability to batch ingredients, manage processing
systems, and coordinate Production to Packaging activities.
Position is for second shift (works 3:30 pm - 12 midnight) Monday
through Friday. Some overtime is required.
Starting Pay: $22.44
* Support all Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives and
performs assigned safety responsibilities
* Effectively operate and maintain Packaging Mezzanine
* Responsible for accurately preparing pre-mix and distributing
* Adhere to plant quality and food safety requirements to the daily
performance of the job
* Material handling and forklift driver roles &
* Drive plant efforts to achieve production efficiency, downtime
reduction, drive out losses, and schedule adherence goals
* Communicate with team leaders, maintenance, and all production
personnel to achieve self-sufficient team goals
* Perform all other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* High school diploma or GED required
* Food manufacturing, process improvement knowledge, and leadership
experience a plus
* Proven mechanical or electrical aptitude preferred
* Good problem solving skills, computer skills, and willingness to
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented environment
* Prioritize work in a fast paced, high speed manufacturing
* Mandatory overtime, sometimes given short notice. (4 hours before
or after regular shift) equating to a twelve-hour shift
* Occasional seven day weeks
* Must adhere to strict attendance policy
* Physically demanding position
* Practicing under Good Manufacturing Practices and Regulatory Food
* Must have desire to work in constantly changing, progressive
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in
any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status,
disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
Keywords: The J. M. Smucker Company, Lawrence , Manufacturing Control Operator (MCO)- 2nd Shift, Other , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!