Software Engineer, Web
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Are you passionate about building intuitive web experiences?
Niantic is seeking a Full Stack Engineer to craft applications that
connect millions of people around real-world activities. We seek
engineers with strong technical background, great execution, and
self-starter mentality. The ideal candidate loves to jump into the
unknown, clarify ambiguities, quickly learn from failures, and
break down vague ideas into concrete tasks. You will collaborate
with a diverse team of developers, product managers, and UX
designers regularly. Responsibilities
- Build well-designed, reusable UI components that can be shared
across Niantic's web applications.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ensure code and
technology meets internal standards.
- Team up with UX designers and product managers to deliver
polished user-facing features.
- Participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct
troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems. Qualifications
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
working in a technology company.
closures, types, and ES6. Plus If...
- Familiar with server-side technologies, such as Java, Golang or
- Built sophisticated single page web applications, especially
- Worked on websites that are cross-device and browser
- Familiar with GraphQL and Relay.
- You thrive in a fast-paced engineering environment and have an
eye for detail.
- You have built web applications involving manipulation of
geospatial, customer management, or analytics data. Join the
Niantic team! Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company,
sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our
products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful
social interaction. Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became
an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors
including Nintendo, The Pokmon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners.
Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game
Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokmon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In
November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship,
enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the
globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that
cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included
is essential to creating great products our community will love.
Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including
those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology
industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important
values we hold close. We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group
who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving!
We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale,
Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and
Keywords: Niantic, Lawrence , Software Engineer, Web, IT / Software / Systems , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!