Pivot Onsite Innovations - Athletic Trainer Position
Company: Pivot Physical Therapy
Posted on: May 21, 2019
Job Number:3664Company:Pivot Onsite InnovationsAddress:1303 SW 41st
St,Topeka,Kansas66609Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider
of health and wellness services that focus on getting people back
to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live
and play. Our core offerings include: Pivot Physical Therapy-
helping people get back on the move by delivering the highest
quality care and superior functional outcomes through
evidence-based practice; Pivot Occupational Health- helping
businesses keep workers healthy and safe, while controlling
employee health care costs; Pivot Sports Medicine- helping athletes
of all ages meet their performance needs with personalized services
to safely prevent or recover from sports-related injuries; and
Pivot Performance- helping athletes at all levels reach peak
performance with customized, instructor-led programs for
individuals, semi-private groups and athletic teams. No matter
where a person is on the spectrum of health, we have a personalized
solution delivered by the best professionals in their chosen
The ATC will plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of a
work-site injury management and health improvement program for
employees on a full-time basis. They will work under the direction
of the Onsite Innovations Medical Director to carry out activities
in the following areas: injury prevention and evaluation, OSHA
emergency/first aid treatment, physical conditioning and
rehabilitation assistance, health education and coaching, and
work-site health promotion and marketing activities.
--- Perform wellness screening and coaching.
- Perform data analysis to measure direct and indirect costs of
- Provide monthly and annual reports for rehab utilization,
cost-savings, and cost-avoidance.
- Provide first-aid treatment and case management for
musculoskeletal complaints which will include the use of ice, heat
and wellness stretches, massage, tape techniques, knowledge of
- Provide orthopedic injury assessments, covering such areas as
(but not limited to) history, observation, palpation, range of
motion, manual muscle strength, reflex testing, myotomes,
dermatomes, and special tests.
- Implement treatment plans that incorporate therapeutic
exercise, modalities and work conditioning as necessary.
- Develop written rehabilitation policies and procedures to be
reviewed by company medical director.
- Develop written wellness policies and procedures to be reviewed
by company medical director.
- Perform comprehensive ergonomic job analyses, including task
analysis, risk factor identification and quantification, posture
analysis, and body mechanics analysis.
- Use innovation, creative solutions and employee empowerment to
design and/or implement ergonomics interventions.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing
necessary forms, reports, etc. in a timely manner. Documentation
may include patient files, invoices, monthly reports, budgets,
expense reports, and outcomes tools.
- Create an environment of trust and caring, which allows workers
to take responsibility to reduce or eliminate actions or behaviors
under their control that contribute to injury and illness.
- Communicate regularly with safety personnel regarding rehab and
injury prevention activities.
- Attend meetings and serve on committees as requested.
- Author articles for various newsletters and the company
Intranet site as requested.
- The onsite Athletic Trainer does not provide rehabilitation
services but will participate in education and injury
- Perform as patient advocate for non-occupational injuries.
--- Minimum of 2 years of athletic training experience
- Occupational health experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Board Certified Athletic training certification
- State licensure certification
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- OSHA10 certification is a plus
- Willing to travel to various client locations
- Knowledge of OSHA Recordability and worker's compensation a
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build
relationships with client and employees
- Proficient with MS OfficePivot Health Solutions provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper
interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees
to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and
Keywords: Pivot Physical Therapy, Lawrence , Pivot Onsite Innovations - Athletic Trainer Position, Human Resources , Topeka, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!