LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-FT in LAWRENCE, KS
Company: Dollar General Corporation
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're
still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at
The Lead Sales Associate helps maintain a clean, well-organized
store with a customer-first focus. The duties of the Lead Sales
Associate include assisting customers in locating and purchasing
merchandise, operating a cash register, stocking and recovering
merchandise, cleaning the store, and performing other duties as
assigned by the Store Manager to maximize store profitability and
customer satisfaction while protecting company assets. Lead Sales
Associates perform the duties of a Sales Associate and act in a
lead capacity in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Provide superior customer service leadership; greet and assist
* Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer's
purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag
merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as
* Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack boxes,
cartons and totes of merchandise; stock merchandise, restock and
rotate merchandise on shelves, and build merchandise displays.
* Clean the store; take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean
restroom and stockroom; and help set up sidewalk displays.
* Assist in implementation and maintenance of planograms.
* Open and close the store under specific direction of the Store
* Perform additional duties typically performed by the Store
Manager or Assistant Store Manager, in their absence.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
* Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
* Understanding of safety policies and practices.
* Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise presentation
* Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
* Ability to perform cash register functions.
* Knowledge of cash, facility, and safety control policies and
* Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
* Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
High school diploma or equivalent and six months of supervisory
experience (or related experience/training) preferred.
* Frequent walking and standing
* Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also
require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking
* Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld
scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers,
two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
* Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds
* Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six
* Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
* Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
* Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to
make bank deposits, attend management meetings and travel to other
Dollar General stores.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Lawrence , LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-FT in LAWRENCE, KS, Hospitality & Tourism , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!