Company: Grace Management, Inc.
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Pay up to $15.00/hour
Vintage Park at Ottawa seeks compassionate and caring individuals
who are dedicated to supporting exceptional senior living
experiences. Working at Vintage Park at Ottawa means you are part
of the family. Each day is an opportunity to make a positive
difference in the lives of those around you.
Full-time benefits include:
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Daily Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Health/Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Summary of Duties of the Cook
The primary responsibility of the Cook is to provide wholesome,
nutritious, and attractive food that is served at the appropriate
temperature. The Cook reports to the Dining Services Director.
Essential Functions of the Cook
- Prepare and serve all food items using high quality ingredients
and appropriate garnishes.
- Use recipes and correct portion sizes to provide a consistent
product while controlling costs.
- Record and monitor food temperatures during storage,
preparation, cooking, and serving.
- Label, date, and properly store all foods.
- Monitor and record temperatures of all kitchen refrigerators
and freezers daily.
- Control overproduction and waste of all food items.
- Comply with all state and local rules and regulations for a
clean, safe, and sanitary kitchen.
- Responsible for washing and sanitizing food service
- Responsible for general cleaning of cook's area, freezers,
refrigerators, and storage areas.
- Follow established safety procedures while operating kitchen
- Responsible for storage of items received from
- Check inventory of needed supplies daily to ensure proper stock
levels for the preparation of menu items.
- Mop and clean kitchen as needed.
- Removes garbage to dumpster as needed.
- Reports equipment and safety issues to the Food Service
- Work as a team member to maintain a pleasant, effective work
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Functions of the Cook
- Supports and participates in the resident centered activity
- Participates in projects or committees as assigned.
- Attends all associate meetings including in-service education
and associate functions, as requested by supervisor.
- Assists in variety of tasks involving residents as
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED at a minimum.
- Minimum two years cooking experience preferably within the
healthcare or hospitality field.
- Serv-Safe Certification preferred.
- Physical requirements include the ability to communicate by
speaking, seeing, and hearing sufficient to serve the
- Professional and neat appearance and presentation, adherence to
the dress code, and good personal hygiene are expected.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
to work with various levels of people, associates, and
- Be free of communicable disease.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to relate to residents and associates in a courteous
and diplomatic manner under all circumstances.
- Completion of drug testing and criminal record background check
upon hire and upon request of supervisor.
- Physical requirements include bending, standing, lifting,
stooping, sitting, walking, stretching, and ability to lift/carry
up to 40 pounds.
- Adhere to and carry out all policies and procedures.
Keywords: Grace Management, Inc., Lawrence , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Ottawa, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!