Horticultural Assistant Delivery Driver
Company: Applied Ecological Services
Location: Baldwin City
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Design Based in Science
Applied Ecological Services is one of the leading ecological
consulting firms in the world; we are dedicated to bringing the
science of ecology to land-use decisions. AES applies science
to provide practical land-use solutions that strike the most
favorable balance between cultural needs, cost efficiencies and
ecological sustainability. Our knowledge of ecological systems
provides a solid foundation for creating balanced ecological
designs and solutions that are sustainable, cost-effective and
More than the Sum of the Parts
Established in 1978, AES consulting and design services offer
comprehensive, coordinated expertise in ecological science,
sustainable civil engineering, landscape architecture and GIS.
Consulting and design services are supported by an experienced
contracting division that implements on-the-ground ecological
projects, backed by one of the largest, most diverse native
seed and plant nurseries in the U.S. This unique combination of
in-house staff experience - bringing together ecology, engineering,
design, data management, contracting and nursery
science - provides innovation, accountability, flexibility,
streamlined project management and most importantly, designs that
With offices in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New
York and Kansas, AES conducts projects throughout the U.S., Canada,
Central and South America and occasionally in
Europe and Asia. Our scientists and designers are familiar with
virtually every biome in the Western Hemisphere. Our contracting
and nursery employees are highly skilled, long standing
team members fully capable of executing complex projects in
Reputation of Excellence & Innovation
AES has built its reputation by repeatedly finding creative
solutions to complex environmental problems - for a wide variety of
clients. By applying an Ecological Systems Approach---
with integrated teams made up of our talented staff as well as
experts outside the company, AES is able to contribute creative
environmental solutions that achieve or exceed client,
stakeholder and regulatory objectives.
Applied Ecological Services, Inc (AES) is now a part of RES and we
are currently recruiting for a Horticultural Assistant Delivery
Driver to join our Baldwin City, KS team.
The Horticultural Assistant Delivery Driver drives truck with
capacity under 3 tons to transport materials to and from specified
destinations such as residences, offices or work sites. As needed
this role will assist in a variety of horticulrual activities at
the direction of the supervisor or team leader. Carrying out all
tasks involved with containerized native plant and see propagation,
production, growing and inventory control from start to finish.
Essential Duities And Responsibilities
- Verifies load against shipping papers.
- Drives truck to destination.
- Inspects product to be picked up against quality standards and
for accurate counts.
- Obtains signature for goods delivered. Signs for goods
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Secures load to prevent damage to goods enroute. Secures empty
carts upon return trip.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights,
brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires,
installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- Represent the RES-Taylor Creek brand with timely, courteous
service, and professional appearance and language.
- Wear RES-Taylor Creek shirt (provided) or approved logoed wear.
Pants shall be khakis, jeans or other approved wear.
- Assist with a variety of live plant production and care
activities in the greenhouse environment and outdoors.
- Assist with cultivation and harvest activities of outdoor seed
- Perform seed processing.
- Assist with inventory counts and records maintenance.
- Perform general housekeeping tasks.
Education and/or experience:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to obtain a Fed Med Card
- Forklift License, may be required (would be trained here by our
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write and speak fluently in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read maps and follow driving directions.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and
be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas or data in business- and user-friendly
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving
- Keen attention to detail and ability to generate accurate
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Ability to be thoughtful, thorough, and proactive in all work
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or
hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands
and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The
employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The
employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently
exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions;
extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Applied Ecological Services, Lawrence , Horticultural Assistant Delivery Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , Baldwin City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!