Physical Therapy Assistant
Company: Minds Matter, LLC
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Company OverviewMinds Matter, LLC is an organization dedicated
to helping individuals who have experienced a brain injury live
independently at home. Our innovative experts provide services and
resources that empower consumers to relearn, reinvent and reconnect
in their communities. We believe in a holistic, person-directed
approach to care. Your goals are our goals. Our consumers work with
physical, occupational, cognitive, behavioral, and speech
therapists as well as Transitional Living Services staff who help
consumers learn independent living skills so they can live, work
and play in the community. -Job SummaryPhysical Therapy Assistants
offer a rehabilitation approach that assists individuals with
reaching their highest level of motor functioning and mobility.
Through physical therapy, people are assessed and receive treatment
to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives and
to help prevent conditions associated with loss of mobility.
Therapy may involve intensive work in a variety of areas including
standing, sitting, walking, balance, muscle tone, endurance,
strength, and coordination. -Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for learning and implementing all aspects of Minds
Matter, LLC philosophical principles in all aspects of service
- Assist individuals to identify their needs and develop
appropriate compensation techniques to accommodate the consequences
of their brain injury. -This includes offering creative solutions
and alternatives for carrying out daily activities. -
- Contribute to evaluations that address consumers' physical and
mental abilities and analyze medical data to determine best methods
and strategies for therapies.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to the supervising Physical
Therapist in consumers' work or living environments that are
consistent with their needs.
- Integrate employment, educational and independent living goals
- Collaborate with consumer and other professional staff to
determine when goals are being met.
- Attend team meetings and assist consumer in goal setting.
- Provide services only as designated on each individual
consumer's authorized plan of care.
- Assist with the selection and utilization of adaptive equipment
and/or home modifications, as well as processes for home and
- Work directly with consumers to improve skills in all aspects
of their life goals.
- Document sessions with the consumer the day of the service and
is goal driven, concise, factual, and clear. -
- Educate families about the consequences of brain injury and
communicate with them about goals and progress as needed.
- Attend all trainings and workshops to maintain ability to
provide the most up to date, effective and evidence based
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with all
consumers, co-workers, referral agents and representatives of other
community agencies and services.
- Promote public relations throughout the agency and community
for the program.
- Demonstrate a willingness to serve on agency and interagency
task groups as requested.
- Work under close direction of the assigned supervising
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Provide care and maintenance for Minds Matter LLC issued iPad
- Maintain confidentiality of protected health information in
accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Possibly serve as a consumer's team lead, which entails being
accountable for updating goal plans and team meeting history forms
during the team meetings with progress, effectiveness of
strategies, concerns, task assignments to team members, or changes
to goals. -Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to teach skills to individuals with disabilities.
- High degree of sensitivity towards all people.
- Ability to deal professionally with persons on a one to one
- Ability to effectively plan, coordinate and assist with all
aspects of a consumer's life.
- Excellent time management skills, often changing from one task
to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Basic to moderate technology skills, as our electronic medical
record system is run on an iPad. -Education and Experience
- Successfully completion of a Physical therapy assistant program
from an accredited associate's degree program. Must be currently
licensed in the state of Kansas.
- Experience working with people with disabilities is
- Some lifting required for consumers with physical needs
- Requires good verbal skills and listening ability
- Must be able to read and write
- Basic iPad proficiency
- Have reliable transportation
- Check voicemail and email dailyMeasurement of Success
- Feedback by constituents including consumers, families and
- Ability to relate to and work with all consumers
- Degree of confidence displayed in the execution of
- Positive and professional relationships with all internal and
external contacts.Total Compensation Package
- In addition to competitive pay, we offer a 401K, an Employee
Assistance Program (EAP), free CEUs, health insurance, dental
insurance, and vision coverage -to qualified employees, and
generous accrual of -paid time off.
- What Minds Matter Therapist Appreciate: -the ability to set
their own hours and schedule, a work-life balance where they aren't
hounded about productivity, the ability to find creative solutions
to life's challenges, and a supportive work environment.
- Do meaningful work. -With Minds Matter, your work makes an
-impact on a consumer's life from your very first session. Our
therapy is applied in an individual's home and/or community - -the
most natural setting possible. As a result of this, our outcomes
are 4-5x greater than that of other brain injury rehabilitation
programs. -Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Minds Matter, LLC, Lawrence , Physical Therapy Assistant, Healthcare , Ottawa, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...