Registered Nurse RN Intensive Care ICU
Company: AdventHealth Ottawa
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Registered Nurse ICU AdventHealth Ottawa
Location Address: 1301 S. Main Street, Ottawa, KS 66067
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ottawa
* Sign On Bonus for eligible positions
* Student Loan Repayment Benefits
* Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
* New Competitive Pay
* Excellent health benefits day one
* Employee Referral Program
* Retirement plan employer contribution and matching
* Full-time, Part-time, PRN
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Utilizes the Nursing Process (Assess, Plan, Implement and
Evaluate) to provide optimal patient care.
* Demonstrate accurate assessment skills appropriate to my patient
population and based on evidence, policy and practice standards
when caring for all patients regardless of complexity or need.
* Assure patient safety by adhering to established policies and
procedures and utilizing patient safety resources such as mPPID.
Implement a plan of care according to identified physical,
psychosocial and spiritual needs.
* Demonstrate the ability to prioritize nursing interventions based
on patient needs and in conjunction with unit activities and
* Actively participate in bedside shift report, safety huddles,
multidisciplinary patient rounds and hourly rounding to gather all
information necessary to care for my patients, anticipate their
needs and provide for a smooth hand-off to other members of the
health care team.
* Provide patient teaching/discharge planning to promote optimal
* Provide routine and specialized teaching/discharge planning
throughout the patient stay to prepare the
patient/family/significant other regain independence prior to
* Provide individualized teaching plan based on assessed learning
needs, education level, language spoken and level of
* Provide patient and family/significant other with a completed
Teaching/Discharge Plan which includes specific information
regarding medications, follow-up and community resources as
* Document all pertinent information (health history, assessment,
test results, plan of care, teaching and patient response) in a
timely manner according to departmental policy.
What You Will Need:
* 2-year Associate Degree
* Current CPR adult and pediatric within 1 month of hire
* ACLS within 6 months of hire
* NIHSS within 6 months of hire
* PALS within one year of hire
* Cardiac dysrhythmia class within 90 days of hire or demonstrates
proficiency in cardiac rhythm recognition.
* TNCC preferred within 1 year of hire
* Current Kansas State Nursing License
The Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates the efforts of the
multidisciplinary care team for the patients within his/her scope
of responsibility. The RN provides direct patient care,
collaborates with patients, families, peers, physicians and other
members of the health care team in the delivery of care to a
specific patient population. The RN utilizes the nursing process
(assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation) in order to
maintain and improve patient outcomes.
The RN demonstrates leadership/management skills and a commitment
to professional accountability and growth. The RN strives to
advance from novice to expert and become an evidence-based scholar
in order to provide optimal patient care and advocate on behalf of
his/her patients. The RN serves as a role model for the mission,
vision and values of AdventHealth. S/he is accountable for working
within the parameters of the Kansas Nurse Practice Act, all
regulatory standards and established policies, protocols and
Keywords: AdventHealth Ottawa, Lawrence , Registered Nurse RN Intensive Care ICU, Healthcare , Ottawa, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!