General Manager - 02 - Lawrence
Company: Pepperjax Development Company
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Life's too short to not work somewhere awesome. We are growing
and looking for authentic, genuine people to grow with us. We've
got a pretty good thing going with new restaurants, great benefits
and even better people we want you to join us full time.We want
people with an awesome attitude, genuine personality and incredible
work ethic to become part of our growing brand. So, if you're
looking for the next step in your career, why not join a team of
genuine, easy-going, people, who love serving up great food in the
very neighborhoods we love?THE JOBThe General Manager (GM) is
responsible for managing the overall operations of the restaurant.
Strong relationship skills, business acumen and extensive
operational experience and knowledge are needed for this position.
The GM position directly reports to the Area Manager or Area
Director for their market.A GM of PepperJax Grill is responsible
for maintaining Company standards and assuring their store's
profitability. They will train, build and develop team members,
coach performance, maintain a best-in-class culture, guest-centric
environment, and restaurant.The GM must have strong analytical,
organizational, problem solving and communication skills within all
levels of management. A General Manager must maintain a high level
of stamina, responsibility, and relational skills to work with many
types of people. A GM is committed to the goals of the Company,
with a "can-do" attitude and a strong desire to succeed.A GM must
possess the leadership ability to continuously move the business
forward, should share the Company's commitment to exceptional
customer service, quality of food and fast service and ensure that
their store is performing in accordance with the Company's
expectations.As a GM you must be able to address issues in a
positive and productive manner. A GM should understand and have
knowledge of the Company's procedures, expectations, and standards
and carry out those procedures in such a way that always maintains
brand excellence.Finally, a GM is responsible for controlling
sales, labor, food, and all other costs related to operating the
location they oversee and must be able to communicate this
information consistently to their team and supervisor.THE
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD and life insurance
- 401K Plan
- Monthly bonus program
- Mileage reimbursement for business-related use
- Paid time off
- Holiday closuresTHE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to fulfill the background check and driving
requirements for the Company.
- Ability to work flexible hours/days to support business hours
and needs. A minimum of 45 hours per week is required for this
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to fulfill store
- Professional in appearance, demeanor and conduct at all times.
Company uniform required during working hours.
- Strong business acumen and work ethic required. Exhibits a high
level of integrity and honesty.
- Ability to teach, coach, lead and develop a team.
- Business level interpersonal, written, and communication
- Working knowledge of Company operating systems.
- Complete knowledge of Crew, Shift Manager, Assistant Manager
and General Manager duties.
- Participation in meetings and special projects.THE
- Understands and ensures compliance with policies, procedures,
and guidelines to promote their consistent application within the
- Audits activities to ensure conformance with the Company,
government and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and food
- Monitors and maintains accurate store budget and forecast.
- Reviews and monitors operations weekly and monthly to ensure
accurate financial performance and brand standards.
- Ensures that the restaurant's financial performance meets
Company forecasts; optimizes financial performance and operational
- Ensure and coach team members on exceeding guest satisfaction.
Treats employees with respect and dignity and regularly recognizes
and rewards employees.
- Ensures that all team members are aware of current applicable
- Ensures consistent and equitable administration of written
guidelines, policies, the Company handbook, procedures, and
guidelines to facilitate effective employee relations and support
the preferred employer focus.
- Responsible for the coaching, counseling, and progressive
discipline of their restaurant's team members.
- Ensures a safe work environment.
- Maintain adequate staffing needs for their restaurant location
and is responsible for the training of subordinate positions.
- Demonstrates flexibility and openness to immediate
- Holds restaurant team accountable for consistently delivering
excellent guest service and food quality in adherence with brand
systems, procedures, and food safety requirements to provide an
incredible guest experience.
- Maintains brand image by ensuring restaurant cleanliness,
maintenance, and excellent service.
- Focuses efforts on developing long term sales growth
initiatives designed to drive profitable sales growth.
- Considers cost/benefit impact of financial decisions and works
to protect the brand.Qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required.Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree; 1 - 3
years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze,
and interpret general business information, or governmental
regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
from groups of managers, team members, and guests.Computer Skills:
Basic computer skills and the ability to write business related
emails and use programs such as Excel, Word, Microsoft Teams, and
Company-related software and programs.Mathematical Skills: Ability
to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions,
and percentages.Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve problems and
deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to identify and utilize Company resources for
assistance.Physical Demands: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to
stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or
hear; and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to
reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, tasks,
requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the
job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the
current job, management reserves the right to modify essential
functions of the job, or to require that other or different tasks
be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes
in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).We
provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
training.#INDSOUTHJob Type: Full-time
Keywords: Pepperjax Development Company, Lawrence , General Manager - 02 - Lawrence, Executive , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!