Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health Case Manager - Lawrence Area
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health Case Manager - Lawrence
AreaPay Rate: $32 -- $34 per hourAre you an RN in the Lawrence
area? Are you interested in joining a local, growing, family
business with a family culture? Interim Healthcare of Lawrence is
looking for an RN to join our Home Health team. If you are
interested in learning more about this Full-Time position, we would
love to talk with you. Apply today & our team will be in touch with
you right away! -General Purpose:To assure quality patient care and
services are provided to in home clients. - Accountable for making
decisions based on his/her educational preparation and experience
in nursing.Company Overview:The Stehley Family has locally owned
and operated Interim Healthcare in the State of Kansas for 42
years. Interim Healthcare of Topeka, Manhattan, and Lawrence is the
only agency in these areas that offers the full continuum of care -
which consists of Home Health, Hospice, Private Duty, and Staffing
Services. Our Mission Statement is 'We Improve People's Lives', and
that is the core of what we believe in here at Interim Healthcare.
If you are looking to join a company that is growing & has a family
culture, this may be the job you have been looking for!
-Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to
great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices
across the country. That kind of stability combined with our
commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career
- Locally Owned And Operated
- Health Coverage (If Full-Time Status)
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Free Education CoursesEssential Functions:
- Performs assessments and procedures, which require substantial
specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon
principles of psychological, biological, physical and social
- Develops working relationships with discharge planners and
social service workers.
- Assesses and reviews the matching of employee skills to client
- Assigns staff to in home clients and visits in home clients a
minimum of every two (2) weeks to assess the client's health
status, review/revise the nursing care plan, evaluate the quality
of care being provided and review clinical notes.
- Completes nursing assessments of all in home clients within
- Calls on contracts at regular intervals.
- Provides new or continued services by cultivating and
establishing rapport with members of the health care field.
- Consults with institutional staff, client, family and physician
in pre-discharge planning of the patient.
- Obtains physicians plans of treatment and orders, and initiates
- Submits a written report to the physician and renews
physician's plan of treatment at a minimum of once every two (2)
- Secures equipment and supplies and coordinates placement for
use in the home.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.Minimum
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Registered Nurse with active license in the state(s) in which
- Three (3) years of current nursing experience.
- One (1) year management experience.
- Evidence of current CPR certification for adults, children and
- Evidence of satisfactory TB and state required health
- Preferred: - Community health and a wide range of
Medical-Surgical experience.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to work with people, function well under stress, use
effective communication skills, set priorities, be flexible, use
judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and
- Able to effectively communicate with clinical, non-clinical
staff, patients and family/caregivers.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance, if
responsibilities include driving own vehicle.
- Meets applicable state and federal health screening
- Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background
checks where required.
- Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with
local, state, and federal law and regulations.Working Conditions &
Physical Effort: -
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
environment but may require frequent visits to patient homes.
- Work environment may involve exposure to potentially dangerous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Work environment may involve exposure to communicable diseases,
blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or hazardous
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions, visually and
auditorially assess patients. - Requires normal, correctable vision
- Requires excellent eye-hand coordination, fine motor function
necessary to operate equipment and prepare/calibrate medications
- Ability to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours as
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Physical activity is medium and may require frequent lifting,
carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. and to stretch, bend,
stoop, twist, stand, walk, sit, reach and climb stairs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Lawrence , Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health Case Manager - Lawrence Area, Executive , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!