Company: Old Chicago Pizza - Samys
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionExempt PositionPosition Title:
General ManagerReports to: Regional ManagerSummary: Provide
exceptional Guest experiences every visit through direction and
leadership for complete operations of the restaurant. Ensure high
standards of Guest service and profitability while strictly
adhering to the policies and procedures of Samy's Old Chicago Pizza
and Taproom.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execution of daily restaurant operations including supervision
of the management team including Assistant Managers, Assistant
General Managers, Kitchen Managers, Chef, Sous Chef, Sales &
Marketing Managers and Brewers.
- Partner with corporate Culinary and Marketing department to
successfully roll out menu changes and marketing initiatives.
- Oversee all BOH operations and FOH operations including but not
limited to daily line checks, systems adherence, health
inspections, order guides, sales services, brewery operations,
quality control of beer, food order safety and sanitation, and prep
- Ensure a safe working and Guest environment to reduce the risk
of injury and accidents; completes accident reports follows
procedure promptly in the event that a Guest or Team Member is
- Oversee food preparation methods, portion sizes, garnishing and
presentation of food to ensure food is prepared and presented to
Old Chicago specifications.
- Responsible to ensure that all financial (invoices, reporting),
HR, and Payroll administrative duties are completed accurately, on
time, and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor compliance with health and Safety regulations regarding
food preparation and serving.
- Properly maintain building, equipment and supply levels through
contacting the correct companies/contractors for any daily
restaurant repair or maintenance issues, and utilizing basic
- Strictly follow company cash handling procedures and ensure the
proper security procedures are in place.
- Monitor weekly expenditures, proper invoice entry and coding,
conduct weekly inventory, determine accurate sales projections,
manage food, labor, and supply costs while meeting or exceeding
- Promptly and professionally handle Guest complaints/comments to
ensure timely Guest recovery.
- Communicate all Team Member issues/complaints to management
team in a professional manner through manager meetings and/or
proper utilization of the digital manager log.
- Deliver daily motivational education during daily pre-shift
- Create management weekly schedules. Coach and assist management
team in writing hourly Team Member schedules based on the
- Lead ongoing coaching and career development by conducting
regular One-On-Ones with management and hourly Team Members.
- Conduct semi-annual Performance Reviews with management team in
accordance to the Company's Performance Management
- Follow and understand company procedures at all times including
crisis situations (e.g., Workers' Compensation and General
- Continually interview, hire and train Team Members to create a
- Ongoing completion of Manager in Training projects as
- Conduct Orientation with restaurant Team Members as
- Managing the success of all programs and systems such as the
MIT program, hourly training, certified trainer, RISE, and
Management development programs.
- Ability to utilize computer programs such as CTUIT, Aloha POS,
Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Manager or Operations
Leadership.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Guest Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for
providing Guest services. This includes active listening, Guest
needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and
evaluation of Guest satisfaction.
- Critical Thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Production and Processing - knowledge of raw materials,
production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques
for maximizing the effectiveness of the restaurant.
- Effective communication skills.
- Aptitude for driving sales through cultivation of new Guests
and retention of current Guests.
- Menu, Food and Beverage Preparation Knowledge - in order to
properly prepare food and beverages.
- Coaching & Performance Management - ability to motivate,
develop, direct Team Members as they work.
- Ability to analyze information and adhere to a financial
budget/P&L through utilizing math skills and reading
- Able to make appropriate decisions in a fast paced environment
(e.g., assign breaks, cut staff appropriately, side work,
- Memorization - ability to memorize floor plans and pivot
- Working knowledge of all restaurant equipment, and local and
national health codes.
- Ability to utilize programs such as CTUIT, Aloha POS, Excel,
Word, and Outlook.
- Time Management - ability to manage individual's time and the
time of others.Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years working in restaurant environment.
- Minimum of 1 year working as a General Manager in a
full-service restaurant environment preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.Performance Standards:
- Meets all company service standards by ensuring all Team
- Execute the proper Tablestakes when addressing Guests.
- Upholds all ServSafe (Food and Bar) guidelines.
- maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant
cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards
- Consistently use safe food handling practices
- Prepare recipes according to CW specifications.
- Read and accurately follow instructions.
- Prepare items in a prescribed amount of time.
- Adhere to cleanliness and sanitation guidelines.
- Understand temperature danger zones and food storage hierarchy
(Serve Safe or other).
- Able to address & coach Team Members that fall short in any of
- Adheres to policies and procedures set forth in Handbook
including Appearance Standards.
- Upbeat and professional image; maintains positive attitude with
self, Guests, and Team Members.
- Completes all ongoing certifications/validations (LTO, new
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- Meets or exceeds budgeted financial performance.
- Maintain satisfactory OSAT scores for restaurant.Working
- 100% Walk and stand
- 90% Communicate with Guests and Team Members
- 50% Operate cash register, Point of Sale system, and cash
- 25% Reach, bend, stoop, wipe and lift up to 50 pounds.
- 50+ hours per week rarely with consecutive days off.Training
- Successful completion of alcohol and food certification
(ServSafe) and/or other required classes by state within 60 days of
- Successful completion of the CraftWorks Manager in Training
program often at store or nearby location.Brand: Old Chicago
PizzaAddress: 545 Wakarusa DR Lawrence, KS - 66049Property
Description: 7273 - Wakarusa - Lawrence, KSProperty Number:
Keywords: Old Chicago Pizza - Samys, Lawrence , General Manager, Executive , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!