Posted on: November 30, 2019
GDH is hiring a Manufacturing Engineer for one of our clients in
Lawrence, KS. This will be a direct hire opportunity. Our client is
looking for an individual with Tool and Die experience. Job
Summary: Designs and manufactures in-house manufacturing equipment,
as well as directing the manufacture of equipment built by outside
vendors, which includes both new and retrofit equipment of existing
production lines for the manufacture of garage door panel assembly.
Coordinates between manufacturing, maintenance, outside vendors,
and the engineering department to accomplish a given project
- Reviews future projects with Manager of Manufacturing
Engineering for cost estimation, layout and impact.
- Co-ordinates CAD Designers, Engineering Technicians, and
Controls Specialist, as needed per the project to be
- Informs Manufacturing Engineering Manager of project costs,
problems, and presents solutions.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Keeps assigned project time lines.
- Possesses the ability to adapt to new and changing
- Work well with other departments.THE MOST IMPORTANT ACTIVITIES
- Manages and develops new production lines, by working with
vendors and automated equipment builders
- Manages and develops retrofits of old lines.
- Search continually for process improvement.
- Aids maintenance department with existing line problems.
- Strives to reduce and eliminate when possible equipment
downtime.PROFICIENCIES: Knowledge of metal forming operations
- Roll forming
- Stamps and diesSystematic approach to machine adjustment
- Developing assembly operations and equipment
- Installation of assembly equipment and production lines
- Trouble shooting production assembly equipment MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing
Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in Manufacturing
- Be familiar with automated machinery
- Ability to implement mechanical mechanisms to produce desired
- Be familiar with material science for tooling.
- Possess adequate skill with computers and software used by
engineering, such as Inventor/Solidworks
- Resourceful, energetic, ability to think critically
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please
reference job code 64903 when responding to this ad. GDH
Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, veteran's status or any other category protected by
law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc.
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, benefits and training. - provided by
Keywords: GDH, Lawrence , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!