Company: Groendyke Transport
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not
- Troubleshoot and perform failure analysis of the component
parts and systems on the truck-tractor, or the component parts and
systems of a cargo tank semi-trailer.
- Make proper use of both power and hand tools to repair or
replace defective components of Company fleet and other
- When applicable, use welding skills and knowledge of metals to
complete vehicle repairs.
- Prepare and maintain maintenance records in accordance with
Company policies and State and Federal regulations in the absence
of a Shop Manager.
- Read reports, technical manuals, and other documents to keep
abreast of changes in Company fleet, including all component
- Qualified to perform FHWA inspections (GTI code IN-ANN)
- Qualified to perform brake maintenance (GTI code BRAQUA)
- Qualified to perform tire maintenance (GTI code TIRES)
- Qualified to perform HM-183 inspections (GTI code HM183R)
- Ability to repair any issue discovered during a preventive
maintenance inspection on all revenue-generating equipment without
- Ability to diagnose and repair electronic powertrain components
and trailer ABS systems
- Ability to provide guidance and training as needed to Level B
and C technicians
- Ability to assume supervisor s duties on a temporary basis as
needed to maintain workflow with operations
- Ability to work shifts that consist of days or nights and/or
weekends as specified by the Shop/Terminal Manager.
- Provide a safe work environment for co-workers at all
- Assure that the cargo tank entry procedures are followed at all
- Perform other duties as assigned. Level A technicians that are
HM-183 registered inspectors may not be required to possess the
skills outlined in bullet points 10-13 (see highlighted) but will
be at a lower "Level A" pay scale.
Keywords: Groendyke Transport, Lawrence , Shop Technician, Engineering , Tonganoxie, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!