Mossberg Distinguished Professor of Pharmacology & Toxicology
Company: University of Kansas
Posted on: May 4, 2021
- Continuous growth and enhancement of a cutting-edge,
well-funded research program focused on Alzheimer's Disease or
closely related field, which provides opportunity for training
graduate, post-doctoral, and qualified undergraduate
- Development of strong research relationships between the
Department and other units on the Lawrence and the Medical Center
Campus' as well as appropriate public, private, or government
institutions and agencies.
- Advance the Department and School's role in the Bioscience and
Technology Business Center (BTBC) on the Lawrence Campus and the
Institute for Advancing Medical Innovation (IAMI) on the KUMC
- Active participation in teaching graduate students in the
Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology and professional pharmacy
students in the PharmD program
- Committee and task force commitments at the Department, School
and University level as well as at the national and international
- Support, encourage and communicate effectively across cultural
boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups of students,
faculty and staff.
- Ph.D., M.D. or D.V.M. and research training in pharmacology, or
a closely related field.
- Rank of Full Professor with tenure.
- An extensive publication history describing original research
in leading publications. The number and quality of articles must
demonstrate a sustained commitment to excellence and
- An extensive history of national/international
- A history of consistent research funding at a high level,
including federal funding sources.
- A distinguished record of accomplishment commensurate with
nomination for a Distinguished Professorship within the
- Sustained record of teaching excellence (undergraduate and
graduate), as indicated by student and peer evaluations, mentoring
of students who have moved on to positions of responsibility,
receipt of teaching awards or recognition.
- Research expertise in Alzheimer's disease or a closely related
- Multiple patent holder, with products commercialized.
- Evidence of leadership roles in national/international
- Service as an editor.
Keywords: University of Kansas, Lawrence , Mossberg Distinguished Professor of Pharmacology & Toxicology, Education / Teaching , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!