Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: February 8, 2019
Controller – (Greater Kansas City/Lawrence) Exciting growing company who has just landed a major strategic investment in the expanding data backup, recovery and security space and managed by a very experienced team. The controller is responsible for all day-to-day financial and fiscal management aspects of the company's financial operations including the administrative, business planning, accounting, compliance, process improvement, AP, AR, financial reporting and budgeting efforts of the company. The Controller will prepare and distribute financial statements for internal and external reporting requirements including managing relationships with bankers, auditors and investors, ensure that all statements and documents comply with the company's regulations and professional accounting standards. Essential Duties and Responsibilities Oversees the management of General Ledger and coordination of all internal and external financial reporting.
. Manage the company policies and procedures, GAAP, and IFRS compliance.
- Each month-end meet with department heads to discuss budget vs. actual variances.
- Act as Finance Business Partner to selected departments. Reports key SaaS and business ratios and ways for improvement.
- Active Cash Management including AP, AR, Debt, International matters, Cost Management & Treasury in accordance with financial plan and policies.
- Manages Tax functions including Federal, State & International income tax, sales/use/property/withholding tax compliance in conjunction with outside tax providers.
- Remain current on technical accounting literature to identify/assess possible changes to the company’s Accounting policy and practices.
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors and the preparation of the quarterly financial statements is in accordance
with U.S. GAAP.
- Manage the Company’s FP&A process including the annual budgeting cycle and updates.
- Manage the analysis of strategic company options,
- scenario planning, and M&A targeting. Participate in process enhancements and documentation. Works with Operations and Sales departments on customer set up, delivery, billing & on deal structure, price list, and profitability. Comfortable with all aspects of the Finance & Accounting function: all the way from AP/AR, Treasury to Financial Statements, Budgeting and getting involved in the Operational side of the business. Knowledge of Quote to cash process a plus.
Qualifications? Proficiency in GAAP regulations including software revenue recognition and leasing.? Good written/verbal communication.? Good interpersonal and people skills.? Good team player.? Ability to work in fast-paced/many hats environment.? Self-starter (CFO is not a micro-manager).
Education and/or Experience? BA/MBA in Accounting and/or Finance.? CPA ideal but not required.? At least 8 years of experience although 15 years is ideal.? The ideal candidate with has at least 2 years with a Big 4 or national accounting firm.? Some private industry experience with SaaS/Software high-growth a start-up company is a plus.
Other? Experience with Quick Books and HubSpot CRM system will be useful.? Tech background preferred but not required.? Reports to experiences CFO who is willing to provide mentoring and is committed to the professional growth of the person.? Quarterly informal interactive review/feedback process (no boring“old-school” written annual reviews).? The curious individual who has a passion for building a fast-growing the company where there is no status quo.? Very competitive compensation commensurate with experience(includes quarterly MBO incentive plan, stock options, 401k plan, full benefits for employee and dependents and unlimited vacation policy.? Spot Bonus Program.? Culture is “family first” and being a good corporate citizen willing to take and give respectful feedback in an egoless environment (politicsis abhorred!).
Keywords: Job Juncture, Lawrence , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Lawrence, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!